Post  Admin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:41 pm

He had paused...

For a long while...

Uncertain...

Conferring with himself.

Who was he?

As in the now?

He had dared to hope...

And the sound of her voice was like a beacon that drove him on. It left him feeling jubilant that he was here and that it worked.

Confusion warred within him...

He had to be cautious...

There were rules...

Rules that he needed to abide by.

He gasped softly as he sort of felt like a limb go through him... Right through his mid torso where his stomach was... A tad unpleasant as the moment made him nauseous and dizzy. He had no choice but to take a step back. He knew he could probably solidifying into an invisible being, but he was tired and not to mention it would take up much of his magical essence to even try. In the meantime as he composed his equilibrium, she would feel as if her hand passed through cold air.

With slight hesitation... And she would hear the softest of sighs as he gently probed a compulsion of knowing towards the lilt of a beautiful voice... In her mind, she would just simply know... He knew not if he was talking to a noble or a peasant, or one of the middle class... And yet it would not matter since such things were trivial... Taking an abated deep breath as he parted his lips and the wind carried his words, "M'lady, you may call me Logan...." She would sense as if he had bowed in some way and yet he kept his distance at the same time for he wished to not have her hand pierce right through him a second time. "I do hope I am not intruding... You need not give me a name if you wished not to, though it would be nice..." He did not ask, for he felt as if he had no right to do so.

His confidence wavered when she asked the question and again another long pause while he thought.... He could not divulge his secrets and yet he certainly needed something to fill his soul and give him enough to carry on.... So for the moment he simply stood there and said, "I'm not sure, m'lady... I just..." The whispered words seemed to have dropped and faltered. An incredible sadness seemed to stretch for minutes... And here he realized was perhaps his fear... That the more he spoke, the more someone would be able to look right into his heart and soul... Yet the voice picked up again and he said, "Perhaps a song? A poem?" The yearning seemed to reach out to her, the tone somewhat poignant and tinged with loneliness and despair. Truly, perhaps the lady would sense what he needed. How does one ask for help, when he can not judge by her expression if she would or not... He knew she would not send him away, for the spell brought him here, and yet even he had his doubts.

Admin
    Admin

Re: Castle Main

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:42 pm

The woman whom he was talking to hadn't said anything else, so Shade had stood up... Desiring to refresh himself in the guest chambers above all else, or talk to his sister, picking up the stuff that he had brought in with him... Whichever came first. Ignoring more or less the activity going on at the bar for now. Friend was over there, but they seemed to be busy more or less... He wouldn't pay much mind... Blue hughed eyes noticed his sister over in the corner... With a presence... Whoever it was seemed to have her attention and didn't come across as threatening, so Shade nodded. Planning to catch up with Rayne later of course, there was no rush to it...

While passing his blood kin by, Shade headed up towards the stairs. Watching over Rayne for a moment with a raised brow. Not paying much attention, for he sensed magic was afoot... Turning his head away to leave her to her... conversation? Interesting situation, but nothing that seemed to be a threat to anyone... Again, he will leave it be.

Heading up the stairwell, he would head towards the guest chambers, his usual room when he does visit was open from what Mercedes had said... There was something going on in the castle, he can pick up on the rocky emotions that came from the higher floors, but he was not of authority to tread that high to investigate...

Admin
    Admin

The moment the air had chilled around her hand, she moved to withdraw... Gasping in an apologetic manner... It in truth had reminded her of another being that was lurking somewhere around here. When someone barreled through him before he bore flesh again, it would always disturb him and annoy... For him to have withdrawn mean it did the same effect? Likely... Rayne had lowered her head in an apologetic manner, not knowing he could only see her eyes, the situation dawning on her as far as the perimeters of the spell and knowing compulsion would allow... Who exactly this man was she could never know, save for his name. "Logan," Rayne began apologetically, committing the name to her memory, nodding her blush tinted black hair, "Then I shall call you Logan... Please forgive me, there was another around here similar but of spectral means... I should have known... A name I shall give, Terra... With that said, no need to be formal."

She had no idea what station of life she was speaking to. It didn't matter much to her due to her history. "No, you didn't intrude on anything... The day has been a good one so far. I have no other engagements which call my attention."

Glancing up, Rayne seen her brother, heading towards a guest room. Probably wanting to get cleaned up. Coming from homelands, it makes all the sense of the world for him to want to relax a bit before catching up with people. Waving to him quickly as he would pass up those stairs, Rayne felt like she wanted to cry... Empathic senses picked up on what her mysterious stranger was feeling, wondering where he physically was... Why he needed to come seek her out for the sound of a human voice? If she could, Rayne would reach out to take a hand and yank him here! Things just didn't work that way no matter how hard a person would wish for it to be so. Dieties have rules in which they had to abide by too, and something told her that where Logan was couldn't exactly be pinpointed to do so!

Rayne's hand had turned into a light ball... Controlling the urge to reach out, an attempt to touch to show sympathy, but she knew it would only pass through him again. What was the validity of the first apology if she was so careless to disturb his being with it again. That was if she was correct in that similarity between Raven and Logan's spell. "I can do that," Rayne's voice carried a longing to be able to help him. Figuring what he was looking for in a way was just the sound of a voice... To perhaps not be alone alone... She searched her mind for something that wouldn't take up too much time, being she doesn't know how long he can keep the spell going. To help her figure out what exactly to say, she continued with another question... Uncertain if the first song that poped into her mind, a menancholy tune was really what he wished to hear. "What genre of spoken word suits you best. Anything in particular you care to hear or is random just fine?"

Admin
    Admin

Saura winced as the pain throbbed from her cheek. Teeth gritted and
    eyes narrowed, she'd try to ignore the ringing in her ears. Her tunnel
    vision began to return to normal as she realized she was now in a
    corner of the main hall surrounded by 2 figures she couldn't quite
    focus on yet. She was sure that one of them was speaking to her but
    muffled and indiscernible, sound had not yet returned to normal.

Bronzed hands quickly make their way to her temples massaging in a
    circular pattern to alleviate the pain. Her cheek was starting to swell
    as the bruise was spreading to just around the outside of her
    eye-though the tell-tale signs of her physical pains were nothing close
    to the tempest that raged on the inside. Maybelle! Darren!...Leo!
    Remembering the sight of her eldest whose wounds cried out for help her
    eyes snapped open wide. Her mind flew to Maybelle who could not be left alone with Darren-so full of wrath.

There was so much to be taken care of but who would come first? She had to make a decision... Quickly rising to her feet, she would follow her motherly instinct and fly to her son in distress. On her way, she'd employ the entire guard to protect Maybelle if she had to"....General...Leoni..."a painful grunt followed the words whispered in haste...she was screaming them in her head, why couldn't she get her body to echo in cooperation! She didn't make it one step before her legs collapse underneath her. She reached out for some kind of support in a world that was not yet clearly seen.

Admin
    Admin

"Terra...." The name slipped upon his tongue like velvet, the sound barely above a whisper as he tasted what was offered. A sense of a nod as he accepted and with a duly cultured voice he responded, "Enchanted to meet you, m'lady Terra." He could kick himself, enchanted? Most certainly it was but he didn't have to use those words and make the whole situation even cheesier than it already is. He had a good excuse of course, he was tired and rather quite dejected and discouraged. The phrase had not only formed unbidden but also spoken without much thought. Unusual even for him, for silence had always been his choice. Yet the sense of a waning smile, sheepish in nature, still not forced as if he was a tad annoyed and just as amused at the same time. The apology was just at the tip, feeling as if he should just apologize for the faux pas.

Though he could not see, he hovered and moved a little closer as if drawn towards the lilt and sound of her warm voice. It was enough to be near, and just as enough it was to just converse without fear of making a mistake or that his words would be torn apart to be deciphered and analyzed under an alchemist's eyes or a divinist's knowing. In fact, it was a relief as he realized that in this form, in this place with this lady he can be anyone he wished to be. It would seem that this would be the first time that he was not really under any kind of scrutiny and that nothing was expected of him. Strange that after all these years, he could feel free if only for a little while. His yearning was filling him up with what he needed, even as he thought a little. He shook his head as he replied to her inquiry, "Anything would be fine, if nothing dark. I leave the choice to you, but perhaps..." He hesitated and paused for what seemed like a long stretch of a minute. "Maybe instead, you can tell me what is the happiest time of your life and why?"

Once again the anticipation of her answer would still him. He was an utter fool sometimes, like what lady would want to tell him anything? He a complete stranger they can't even see. They can't even sense if he will become dangerous or not, but in all honesty there was nothing he could do with that kind of story. Still he felt compelled to explain and of course apologize, "Forgive me, m'lady if I ask too much or if it is too personal. I only want to enjoy another's happiness if only for a moment. It will help me greatly in what I have to do when I go. But as I have said before, a story of your fabrication, a poem or song will do just as well." His head went chin to chest as if he was going to be chastised as he awaited her answer.

Admin
    Admin

Continued from the Castle Grounds...

His lightly stocked frame moved through the main entranceway towards the room the winged one had told him about. This was a very strange place...then again what was strange and how could he individually define it? He lived in a kind of locked away location for many years of his life and the ones he has lived outside have been warped irreparably by lycanthropy. The hallway was well lit, equally well tended too, he was certainly in the place of noblemen and women now he figured, he had no idea exactly who or more importantly what resided here. Newcomers must not be shunned around here which was a good thing, for in his experience going near any kind of civilization was an absolute wish for death on the spot. Then again that last village mob was kind of his fault when he transformed in an inebriated state simply to prove that he could bear claws and change his eye color...hey a free drink and meal is a free drink and meal is it not? Even if taken on the run?

Then again now that he thought about it, the Avariel though he didn't know that was the name for it just yet he had met as the first creature here made him wonder, were most of the people here elves with wings? No no surely not...he had seen a few companions who appeared to be well....perhaps normal is too strong of a word but even so...moving along. A hand moved to adjust the strap of the pack over his shoulder and check his belt for the two metallic kali sticks that rested on the small of his back tied in a slant position by his belt and of course his spear that was a walking stick as well, the one weapon he would not leave behind.

There were not many in the bar area, not many that he could see anyways, he arrived just as Coventina was getting up to leave, her demeanor and scent expressed...exasperation. Those eyes...best to avoid that conversation for the one it was seemingly directed at was not all there himself, Mugen sniffed lightly and discreetly and felt something that he hadn't in awhile...hmmmm... Could that be what he thinks it to be? Then maybe he wouldnt be hunted down here? He couldn't be sure and considering the time of day and place it seemed just plain moronic to walk up to this man (Devlin) and inquire if he might very well share the curse? Excuse me noble sir but I was wondering if you happen to sprout fangs and fur on each full moon? You see I have this friend...yeah not happening. Though there was a pretty young barmaid that looked to be in charge of things aroudn here, or at least she was the one manning the establishment as far as staff positions go. So entrusting his spear to a nook in the wall near the end of the bar where he sat on the stool he simply tried to blend in and not make his presence all that notable. New guy sure but importantly looking new guy? Nahhhhhh. Besides by the looks of it he didn't want to get involved in their conversation/situation anyways. He had overheard the name and decided to chance trying to be friendly with someone that he had not met, which usually ended badly. "Miss Kyra was it? If you would be so kind I would just like a cool glass of water." He sounded tired now that he had time to hear himself talk and think, he also looked like he had definitely just finished traveling a ways.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:43 pm

The castle in of itself had many events going on today. Had she have looked outside there is a small chance she might have caught a glimpse of the princes heading into the fray. The problem that erupted which involved Maybelle was away from her notice for the moment. The 'entertainment' that was occuring at the bar between the people there, or the man who entered wasn't Rayne's concern. Logan at the moment had Rayne's undivided attention. His whisper of a voice was faint enough that it might have been mistaken for hearing things, but the presence she felt was hard to brush it off as imagination. The way that he spoke the name she was allowed to give him felt too real, a sound that had roused a curiousity within her. To get to know more about who it was that she was talking to, and why Logan needed her help.

Noticing that he seemed to be a gentleman. Though so far they had only exchanged a few phrases, it was the impression that he left so far. She paid attention to what she could sense, as he continue to speak about how literal it was to have met her. Taking the snippets of information that she could, a mental image of a small smile, facial expression of one searching for what to say next? He seemed to be coming closer though. [b]"Definatly interesting. You are welcome here..." Rayne would nod her head to him, never knowing that like her, he couldn't be able to read her body language. Though she would have continued to welcome him to Eternal officially, but she had a feeling that she should not tell him where he was. That it would be similar to why Rayne had to give him a different name. She was at a loss for words as to what to say next...

True to her word, as she sensed him returning closer she wanted to give him a gesture of comfort, but did not. Keeping her hands in her lap folded, sitting straight as a dignified lady would. Listening to him as he would answer the question that 'Terra' had asked him a moment ago. What was it that he needed. Sound of a human voice seemed to be a part of it, for he also asked for something light, happy. The blue eyed woman had figured that would be what he would desire.

It would take a moment for her to make her decision. Sure, what he was asking could be seen as a tad personal to someone who just met. He was definatly strong in magic, strong enough to probably inflict harm if that was his intent was. However, to someone who was raised around magic, Rayne knew one thing. He didn't have the name that everyone here know her as, so it should be nothing there to worry about.

"It is hard to answer that question," Terra would reply, speaking in a light voice, low enough that it shouldn't attract too much attention and at the same time he should be able to hear her perfectly well. "The years have been good to me. The estate is large, and as a result there are families that come and go." It then had hit her, what would best thing to talk about. "The more I think about it, the easier the answer comes. Reunion. I am a single woman, no children of my own. One day, my brother had been stolen away. To this day, I am still one of those that would do anything for someone that is precious to me.

Well, the recklesness of youth didn't accept that I may never see him again. After years of enduring storm after storm I was finally lead to the place where our paths crossed. I was at the time a caretaker of children. Walking into the main hall where he was I couldn't believe my senses. Things were starting to look up in that period but how it felt when I was able to introduce my charges. Joy, unbridled joy! It felt as if my heart had suddenly sprouted wings and flew into the night skies. Everything else that had happened through the years is comparable, and a couple times it has equaled that joy, but nothing had topped it. Years of searching had been worth every moment of it."

With every word that she spoke as it hit her of what to tell him about, her heart remembered how it felt. The memory of emotional relief blended with joy had lingered in her voice as she spoke. Trailing at the end, when she spoke of it being worth it all. She tried to leave it at trouble along the way, to not make the story depressing and yet give some explanation of why it meant so much to see him again. Unsure if she was allowed to give a name to the brother or not, so she would leave him nameless for now. Thinking that it was okay to give a name similar to hers, but for now better off safe than sorry.

For now, she would pause, still wondering what it was that he was involved in to seek her out. She would watch the direction that he was presently in, was she hospitable enough? She didn't think that in a form like that he would need to sit. "Copper for your thoughts?" Terra would ask him, curious for what he would think. To show that she was not wanting to give the impression that he should leave. He was welcome to stay here as long as he wished or could. He appeared to be friendly and was definatly mystifying.

Admin
    Admin

Legs pumped and heightened senses searched the lands. Steele grey sphere scoured the physical and demonic eye sought out other worldly planes. He scoured every inch of the grounds from castle to boarder for any signs of Lac or any further Lycan problems. Aside from the newly created unturned laying comatose in his fathers arms all had left the area.
    Legs slowed to lengthy strides and feet whispered up the main stairs. Because there would be nothing new to report he would not return to the Council Chambers. Instead he would opt for a drink and smoke in the bar.

Long dark locks curtained features set in death mask and senses searched the room. He entered the castle's main hall keeping to the darker recesses of the room until reaching the bar. Rounding the far corner left hand reached under the top triggering a hidden switch that unlatched a door on the opposite cabinet. Head turned and right hand fit a key into the now exposed lock opening the door. Left hand reached in and fingers curled around the neck of a sealed bottle of Arcian Whiskey. The door was shut, the lock turned, and the trigger reset. Right hand took up a clean white cloth and expert fingers checked the sealed cork for any signs of tampering. Feet whispered over the floor and long strides carried him toward the darkest corner of the room. He used the cloth to clean the bottle as he walked toward the side of the staircase leading to the residents’ chambers. From there he had a clear view of all in the room and any who would enter the castle itself. Breaking the seal he would uncork the bottle discarding it into the fireplace as he passed.

Admin
    Admin

“Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your compactness that of the forest.
    In raiding and plundering be like fire, is immovability like a mountain.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt…”

The words poured from the pages of the ancient text and through the green eyes of the reader like wine and he took them all in like a drug, his brows slightly furrowed in intimate concentration. Sun Tzu you were a formidable man…the reader thought, his nimble fingers flicking each page with the utmost care.

Cedric was standing beside one of the many stone walls that enclosed the magnificent library of Eternal, The Art of War cradled carefully in one hand. He was cataloging again and even after twenty years not all the tomes and texts that he had moved from Quella Silvermane to the shelves of Eternal had been recorded properly. The man was meticulous in his work, so meticulous in fact, that most books he touched were instantly devoured by his eyes and locked in memory. Of course he would continuously deny that it was this reason why progress had been so slow. So engrossed he was in his latest fascination that it took not one scream but several cries of distress that brought him out of his reverie. He turned, closing the heavy leather bound tome with a gentle push of his fingers and looked to the window, a finger pushing the spectacles closer to his eyes. “What in the name of…” he began, seeing the final moments of Lac’s ascent to this realm and what brought Leonidas broken to the steps of the castle. He was transfixed, his eyes scanning wildly as Raven lifted Saffron up and away from the carnage in the forest and Niki’s swift rescue of Maybelle. “Foolish man, sitting here indulging yourself while your friends are in danger!” he cursed himself. Irritated he attempted to slam the book down onto the mahogany table but thought against it and instead placed it softly upon the polished surface. But how could he help? An abomination had swept through the realm and he could feel Lac’s repulsive poison corrode his reservoir of power.

“I must check on Romi, Niki and May…” he told himself sternly, moving purposefully towards the towering double doors of the main entrance into the library, his long coat sweeping across the floors. The doors shut behind him as if on command and the mage turned, sweeping a hand to produce a small piece of parchment that floated to rest on the door at head height, the writing on it in smooth cursive told whoever was to enter: Be back in 5 minutes.

Admin
    Admin

The drow holding his wife’s hand and his familiar still tucked under her arm walked up the steps into the castles entrance. In many ways it would resemble their former home. The detail of carved stone along with all the fineries decorating the walls closely resembled yet had a uniqueness all its own. Kyorli had never been one for such luxuries. His century’s in the Underdark had been a time of bare necessity something that brought him far more comfort then all things needed at your fingertips. This was one reason the drow had been so drawn to the battle captive. She too was a warrior living a warrior’s life. They fought for what they had and foraged for their needs. This is how life was meant to be lived.

Using the familiars sight Kyorli began to search the main hall that stretched out just before them. There were several familiar faces but other then her Champion no other Amazon's had been found. The drow knew that would be the first order of business. A silent command would be given to the familiar sending him out for a more in-depth look around the castle and lands. If any of the others had found their way here they would need to know their Queen had returned.

Admin
    Admin

The drow holding his wife’s hand and his familiar still tucked under her arm walked up the steps into the castles entrance. In many ways it would resemble their former home. The detail of carved stone along with all the fineries decorating the walls closely resembled yet had a uniqueness all its own. Kyorli had never been one for such luxuries. His century’s in the Underdark had been a time of bare necessity something that brought him far more comfort then all things needed at your fingertips. This was one reason the drow had been so drawn to the battle captive. She too was a warrior living a warrior’s life. They fought for what they had and foraged for their needs. This is how life was meant to be lived.

Using the familiars sight Kyorli began to search the main hall that stretched out just before them. There were several familiar faces but other then her Champion no other Amazon's had been found. The drow knew that would be the first order of business. A silent command would be given to the familiar sending him out for a more in-depth look around the castle and lands. If any of the others had found their way here they would need to know their Queen had returned.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Admin
    Admin

I gave the guards a quick salute before turning away from the Council Chambers doors a smile flirting over my lips. I couldn't help but find amusement in the look my Sire's daughter gave as I simply left her within the room. If I read it correctly it was a cross between astonishment and pure irritation. It was the exact same look I had seen on so many faces when she herself had used her charms only to abruptly drop them with disinterest. Again I found myself chuckling under my breath and attempted to wipe away the broadening smile. I had not intended to teach her any sort of lesson nor had I gone out of my way to offend. I had simply done what needed to be done; the rest was a bonus.

My thoughts were reaching their finality when I entered the Main Hall. I was making my way toward the service hallway that would take me to the dungeons when I heard someone call my name. Turning around I saw the one who had a second ago squealed with glee but now seemed to be hiding the fact for one reason or another. I slowed down as I had never seen this person before but before I could speak a word her finger trailed along my jaw and she gave me a wink that would melt any man's heart. My jaw muscles worked against the touch as I fought to keep it from dropping.

"Who..," my voice trailed off as she simply walked away before I could say or do anything else. I felt my brows knit tightly partially in irritation at the awkward attention she had given and partially out of an attempt to place where I could have possibly known her. Had she been one of my Sire's conquests from so long ago? No, that could not be as none of them had been kept long enough to see me let alone know my name. I slowed long enough to see where she was going then continued through the room. This would be a mystery I would have to solve.

Just as I was turning into the hallway my Sire's voice came sharply into my awareness. He instructed me to stay away from the dungeons but rather attend what I wished for the time being. I sent an acknowledgment then turned toward the stairway that would lead to the next floor. The mystery of the girl would have to wait. There were lessons that had been left for far too long. Taking the stair's two at a time I darted down the hallway headed for the comforts of my home away from home.

Admin
    Admin

Sabian wouldn't say it was with reluctance she followed, but more of a hesitation. A familiar feeling settled over her back and delicately chilled it's way up on spindly spider's legs coating it like a crimson cape of frost. Claustrophobia. Twice she nearly stopped and turned to run back out the doors, knocking over anyone in her way without regard and not turning back to care. But she held firm. The warmth of her husband's hand and the vibrancy of color that once again began to hynotize her from the oddness of the caricatures of the shadow plane allowed one foot to move in front of the other. A new sense of protection came over her as well. The arm that cradled Bran came close to the side of her swollen abdomen and her tattooed hand came to rest absently upon it.

Unconsciously she shook her head and released a cumbersome sigh. The Queen's own thoughts matched her husband's although she knew not what he was thinking. All these unnecessary things at their disposal. Anything an Amazon ever needed they hacked out of the wilderness with their daughters in tow and taught them exactly what to do with it. This was opulence and instant gratification. Truly the Queen and her Consort could find their own hedonism in such a different and drastic, not to mention...violently wonderful ways. These unnatural comforts were something she could never grow used to. Hell, living inside was not something she could grow used to.

Feeling the glossy obsidian feathers stir within the crook of her elbow, she knew Kyorli must have given Bran some sort of command and loosened her grip on him to let him fly freely from her loving grasp before looking at her husband with a desperate attempt to hide her discomfort. It may have flashed momentarily before her stoical facade presented itself. Her voice was a serrated edge of disuse, but regained the beauty that the Aria could behold when the others would be called upon. "Some know already we are here. The Goddess will send some...others I will call upon in time." Bringing his hand up to her mouth, she brushed his thumb across her lower lip speaking once more to him in ancient Amazon, knowing full well he would understand her words. "I am tired. Kyorli, I am just so tired." Sabian's stark violently colored eyes rose up to meet his through the shield of her mask and for once revealed how truly exhausted she really was.

Admin
    Admin

The drow put his familiars searching sight to the back of his awareness knowing that it would take time before anything was found and that he would alert him when it did. As his thumb traced over the fullness of his wife's lip he could see the toll her pregnancy was taking. He did not know if the slowing of time within the shadowed plane had made the symptoms more masked or if it was just the layed back life they had led. One thing was certain Kyorli would have to find a place she could rest until he was able to build their family, both blood and Amazon alike, a new home.

In a rare public show of affection Kyorli drew his wife into the warmth of an embrace. He held her there for a long time then pulled her back just enough so they could walk back out the door the drow still holding her tightly against his side.

(Continued in Castle Grounds)

Admin
    Admin

He listened to her... but not like those who would only hear the words, his ears perked at the various intonations and nuances of her voice. The way the lilt would rise only to fall softly low again... Yes, even though he could not see her, he felt her joy within the story she told, to be reunited with family, a beginning it seems of good things to come...

Strangely he could feel her undying warmth enfold him, though it wasn't physical, it was really all he was looking for. A voice.. and his spell had worked... To bring him to one that would put a little light, a little hope, a smidgeon of more courage within his heart at the task that seems to be of endless abysmal nights. Solitude,even in darkness, where there was no communication, no way to tell time can be nerve wracking. It can be a kind of silent torture that would drive a person mad for days on end, a day would only seem like two or three in this labyrinth he was loathed to go back to. But he had to for his physical body was still left there. But he would not think upon it for the moment. A little longer... He had enough strength to hold out a little bit more. He refused to feel dejected even as the edges of pain threatened to ice his heart and make him think of what might have been.

That turn of events almost made him angry, insanely envious with a spark of jealousy... It was only his selfishness he knew,so he leashed his emotions, reigned them in and dismissed them... From his mind, from his heart. He would be happy for her, for if he could not feel happy for himself... At least for her small gift he could do that much at least, even though he would never rejoice in what it would be like to be reunited with family... Gone, but never forgotten.

He had smiled and the court trained tongue of his said softly, "Thank you, m'lady Terra... " He was humbled in her prescence, but not the way a slave would be... He cringed inwardly at the thought... no... he could not, could not afford to ever lose at this moment his slave skin, he must not forget his place... To do so otherwise would only bring on a fresh wound of pain. Oh yes, the wytch could flaunt and speak all she wants to about his nobility... But he had become immune to it and let them roll off his shoulders like a river over stone. Personally, however, it would be a disaster. It would only take a single snip to break the thread he held on to... for peace of mind, he must not think or dwell too much of what he had been before.

A soft sigh would escape the sublime confines of his mouth as he then drew an intake of breath. Curiosity in it's own rights, he merely tilted his head as he thought of what she had asked him. Shaking his head, he would only say, "You would not want to know my thoughts, m'lady... For it would only dampened your joy, and I would not wish to snuff it out..." A genteel smile crossed his lips as he asked another question, "So who is it now that is in your heart?" He knew not why he asked, but... the question seemed to have formed on its own and it slipped in between his gilded tongue. Inwardly, he cursed himself... for his foolish thoughts... She seemed to be a of a gentle nature and there he went asking something that was none of his business.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:45 pm

He listened to her... but not like those who would only hear the words, his ears perked at the various intonations and nuances of her voice. The way the lilt would rise only to fall softly low again... Yes, even though he could not see her, he felt her joy within the story she told, to be reunited with family, a beginning it seems of good things to come...

Strangely he could feel her undying warmth enfold him, though it wasn't physical, it was really all he was looking for. A voice.. and his spell had worked... To bring him to one that would put a little light, a little hope, a smidgeon of more courage within his heart at the task that seems to be of endless abysmal nights. Solitude,even in darkness, where there was no communication, no way to tell time can be nerve wracking. It can be a kind of silent torture that would drive a person mad for days on end, a day would only seem like two or three in this labyrinth he was loathed to go back to. But he had to for his physical body was still left there. But he would not think upon it for the moment. A little longer... He had enough strength to hold out a little bit more. He refused to feel dejected even as the edges of pain threatened to ice his heart and make him think of what might have been.

That turn of events almost made him angry, insanely envious with a spark of jealousy... It was only his selfishness he knew,so he leashed his emotions, reigned them in and dismissed them... From his mind, from his heart. He would be happy for her, for if he could not feel happy for himself... At least for her small gift he could do that much at least, even though he would never rejoice in what it would be like to be reunited with family... Gone, but never forgotten.

He had smiled and the court trained tongue of his said softly, "Thank you, m'lady Terra... " He was humbled in her prescence, but not the way a slave would be... He cringed inwardly at the thought... no... he could not, could not afford to ever lose at this moment his slave skin, he must not forget his place... To do so otherwise would only bring on a fresh wound of pain. Oh yes, the wytch could flaunt and speak all she wants to about his nobility... But he had become immune to it and let them roll off his shoulders like a river over stone. Personally, however, it would be a disaster. It would only take a single snip to break the thread he held on to... for peace of mind, he must not think or dwell too much of what he had been before.

A soft sigh would escape the sublime confines of his mouth as he then drew an intake of breath. Curiosity in it's own rights, he merely tilted his head as he thought of what she had asked him. Shaking his head, he would only say, "You would not want to know my thoughts, m'lady... For it would only dampened your joy, and I would not wish to snuff it out..." A genteel smile crossed his lips as he asked another question, "So who is it now that is in your heart?" He knew not why he asked, but... the question seemed to have formed on its own and it slipped in between his gilded tongue. Inwardly, he cursed himself... for his foolish thoughts... She seemed to be a of a gentle nature and there he went asking something that was none of his business.

Admin
    Admin

A lift of a brow as he heard her sneeze and he politely said, "Bless you..." He could smell something in the air, but it wasn't threatening as far as he was concerned as it would be stronger... Perhaps? He didn't know why it should matter or why he should be so attuned to her as he said, "Would you prefer to move to a more comfortable place? I can follow you if you do so wish..." He didn't need any creature comforts in this form, and not much would bother him too much unless some physical tangible material were to pass through him... Then that would be most uncomfortable, for though his mind was seperated from his body, it didn't mean that he could entirely let go. Even from here, he could still moniter to a point what was going on.

A strange look came upon his face as she simply accepted his answer for not telling her his thougts. He was a bit surprised, for he was more used to others who would try to cajole or pressure it out of him. Those kinds of tactics never worked, and neither did sweetening the pot as they say. His words, his thoughts, what is in him was the only thing he had left to give, and at most he refused to give it freely. Silence was his answer at most times, and they can decipher that language however they wish.

He could sense in her words that she seemed somewhat embarrassed, and the asinine thing about it was... It made him feel a tad sheepish even as a glimmer of a grin came to play around his lips. "No, not at all, Terra... I can not forgive you as there is nothing to apologize for. I'm the one who should be sorry for asking such a question. And as for doing more, you've done more than I can hope for." He didn't know at the moment what to feel. He had in his own way, embarrassed himself, and thank the night that she couldn't see or even sense that part. If he were there physically, he was pretty sure he would not have dared to ask such a question... even if he wasn't a slave... He banished the thought as soon as it formed... Why? Why was it so easy to forget himself? He was a little annoyed at the way his heart decided to tumble and stumble into each pulsing beat without a pause. It was certainly something to ponder about, but certainly not now, not when he could be listening to her some more...

Her question however only made him pause... He sat still as he struggled with something that he could not afford to think about. There was nothing... He had nothing... The silence stretched out into long moments, until it may have seemed that he may not answer at all. Sorrow may have eminated from him in waves and yet he continued to say nothing. Instead he concentrated on closing each door of his mind firmly, for unknowingly, in her curiosity and perhaps in her innocense she had blown apart the fragile hold of keeping those memories at bay. One by one, he accepted in an unpenetrating quietness, hearing each click of the latch within his mind. With every door that closed, his sorrow abated until he was as composed as before.

He took a deep breath, and then sounding as if nothing had happened or that her question did not bother him, his cultured voice was still kind as he said, "The truth is,Terra... There is no happiness in my world... I can not afford to have one, for the price would be my death. I do not enjoy, but must just simply do what I am told." His tone faltered for a moment, and he only turned his face towards the sound of her voice... Somehow, it didn't seem right that he could just extinguish the mood in one blow, for it wasn't his intent... It wasn't her fault, and so in his attempt to not make her feel bad for asking the question, he took a chance as he experimented with something.

Lifting a hand, for though he could not see, and she couldn't feel him, though he wasn't sure if he could as he let the tips of his fingers search for her form. She wouldn't feel him invading her, as he was only judging her outline until he thought he found what he was looking for. He had to focus as he gave thought, and slim digits would pluck a strand of her silken hair and give it a slight playful tug as he then said, "However... I am enjoying being in your prescence... And you can't tell me that doesn't count at all..." There was an edge of laughter in his tone, and as crazy as it may seem, or sad rather, it was true. Yet still... he had to ask her as he said very softly, "The despair is mine, m'lady... If you wish me to go, and never bother you again, I will completely understand and abide to your wishes."

Admin
    Admin

A lift of a brow as he heard her sneeze and he politely said, "Bless you..." He could smell something in the air, but it wasn't threatening as far as he was concerned as it would be stronger... Perhaps? He didn't know why it should matter or why he should be so attuned to her as he said, "Would you prefer to move to a more comfortable place? I can follow you if you do so wish..." He didn't need any creature comforts in this form, and not much would bother him too much unless some physical tangible material were to pass through him... Then that would be most uncomfortable, for though his mind was seperated from his body, it didn't mean that he could entirely let go. Even from here, he could still moniter to a point what was going on.

A strange look came upon his face as she simply accepted his answer for not telling her his thougts. He was a bit surprised, for he was more used to others who would try to cajole or pressure it out of him. Those kinds of tactics never worked, and neither did sweetening the pot as they say. His words, his thoughts, what is in him was the only thing he had left to give, and at most he refused to give it freely. Silence was his answer at most times, and they can decipher that language however they wish.

He could sense in her words that she seemed somewhat embarrassed, and the asinine thing about it was... It made him feel a tad sheepish even as a glimmer of a grin came to play around his lips. "No, not at all, Terra... I can not forgive you as there is nothing to apologize for. I'm the one who should be sorry for asking such a question. And as for doing more, you've done more than I can hope for." He didn't know at the moment what to feel. He had in his own way, embarrassed himself, and thank the night that she couldn't see or even sense that part. If he were there physically, he was pretty sure he would not have dared to ask such a question... even if he wasn't a slave... He banished the thought as soon as it formed... Why? Why was it so easy to forget himself? He was a little annoyed at the way his heart decided to tumble and stumble into each pulsing beat without a pause. It was certainly something to ponder about, but certainly not now, not when he could be listening to her some more...

Her question however only made him pause... He sat still as he struggled with something that he could not afford to think about. There was nothing... He had nothing... The silence stretched out into long moments, until it may have seemed that he may not answer at all. Sorrow may have eminated from him in waves and yet he continued to say nothing. Instead he concentrated on closing each door of his mind firmly, for unknowingly, in her curiosity and perhaps in her innocense she had blown apart the fragile hold of keeping those memories at bay. One by one, he accepted in an unpenetrating quietness, hearing each click of the latch within his mind. With every door that closed, his sorrow abated until he was as composed as before.

He took a deep breath, and then sounding as if nothing had happened or that her question did not bother him, his cultured voice was still kind as he said, "The truth is,Terra... There is no happiness in my world... I can not afford to have one, for the price would be my death. I do not enjoy, but must just simply do what I am told." His tone faltered for a moment, and he only turned his face towards the sound of her voice... Somehow, it didn't seem right that he could just extinguish the mood in one blow, for it wasn't his intent... It wasn't her fault, and so in his attempt to not make her feel bad for asking the question, he took a chance as he experimented with something.

Lifting a hand, for though he could not see, and she couldn't feel him, though he wasn't sure if he could as he let the tips of his fingers search for her form. She wouldn't feel him invading her, as he was only judging her outline until he thought he found what he was looking for. He had to focus as he gave thought, and slim digits would pluck a strand of her silken hair and give it a slight playful tug as he then said, "However... I am enjoying being in your prescence... And you can't tell me that doesn't count at all..." There was an edge of laughter in his tone, and as crazy as it may seem, or sad rather, it was true. Yet still... he had to ask her as he said very softly, "The despair is mine, m'lady... If you wish me to go, and never bother you again, I will completely understand and abide to your wishes."

Admin
    Admin

Admin
    Admin

If she were to reach out and touch the unseen hand, would she succeed? Should she try? Hmmmm... He said that this was the first time he had used this spell, so is it wise to risk breaking his concentration? She didn't wish to do that... A part of her felt it might help, yet the other wanted to play it safe and acknowledge the fact it was there? Perhaps it was the way he would be able to follow her. "At least sounding like a loon isn't too far off the deep end, with some of the other things around it. Some may argue that I have lost that ages ago." She had thought about how cheesy it did sound, and quite literal at the same time, she agreed there. "I can feel you." She mentioned, thoughtfully as she could swear that it was no longer air that was touching her. It as in a way feeling as if he were right there as the unseen hand gained a little more weight to it. "Interesting... Non living objects can disturb you as well? Thanks for the heads up. I play... It's one of the things I do to relax and children usually enjoy the music when they want to sit down and listen." She had smiled, hearing the tonal inflections in his voice that suggested he would find enjoyment in that. Which was good...

He seemed distracted by something, as she would pause. To give him time to see if he wanted to instead look into what had called his attention. "Are you alright?" she asked, he wasn't hurting her or anything. It appeared that the longer he lingered the better with the spell he seemed to be. Which generally comes with the territory of practice of course. If it was a good or bad thing that his touch felt more real than it had a few moments ago would remain to be seen. Right now she was happy with him, and she chose to give the benefit of a doubt and that he wouldn't do anything to cause her harm. Provided it was alright, she would move forward again, to head towards the stairwells to head towards her chambers. "What other instruments do you enjoy listening to? " The harp was one of the instruments she was required to learn as a child, as their father was a bit too harsh on them, going about it all wrong with Cecillia and Asra. It would seem that no matter what he would pick a flaw and harp on them, forgetting to praise them on the good they did. Shade was the only son, and Rayne was the heir, who took after her mother. She didn't quite find it fair, but she couldn't do anything to change that either. Cecillia acted like he was accusing her of being and Asra held a grudge against him. Rayne feels guilty because of her different treatment. Another piece to the puzzle of why she defied orders to stay home when it happened to Shade. She wasn't going to lose another sibling...

Now she was glad that particular path was chosen, and a certain young child pulled her into a bush that resulted in what today is leading a stranger to her room and offering to play a harp for him. Maybe she really did lose her mind? She felt sane enough... Or is that what they all say? Logan's hand felt too real to be just a hallucination, or some secret inner desire to have something interesting happen in an otherwise simple enough life. Really, there was enough interesting things happening around here on a daily basis her sub consciousness didn't need to make things less boring. So it couldn't be that could it? My " My chambers aren't too far from here, just a few more yards and we will be there. Not all rooms are as great as the Empress' but their not hurting on the comfort end either. Like usual, it depends on the rank and station. Ahh, here we are." Rayne opened the door, and would wait to see if he would enter and her senses told him that he was through before she closed it. There, a room secluded away from the majority of the stimuli. Though she couldn't help but feel that somewhere something was very wrong... Maybe it's what Shade was harping on Ceci about coming inside? Something to do with it? "Hmmmm..." She thought as she looked on the shelf where a medium sized harp was placed... Large enough to have elegant designs, even though Logan wouldn't be able to see the Mahogany finish, but small enough to make carrying around the castle convinent.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Without thinking, Logan nodded again, but as if he remembered on time, though there was that slight pause he replied with a rather hurried voice as if his delay in response would only make things worse, "Yes, I'm fine... It's nothing..." He continued to follow Terra, for he did not wish to linger if he was right... That part of his life was over, he can not afford himself to hope... nor with that hope crushed, spiral even further downwards towards the endless descent into despair.

He always doubted, the confidence he may have had before doomsday didn't always comply... But that was a different lifetime, and sometimes he wondered if he would survive at all. The only thing he saw himself excel at, where the teachings and the lessons learned from his mystress wytch. She was doing her best to teach him almost everything she knew, short of how to kill her... So he learned and learned well, making it look too easy. His years with wytch only taught him to focus faster and to think quickly upon his feet, for she liked to surprise him with life threatening situations. Even quick physical reflexes sometimes wasn't enough, but the power of the mind was a different matter altogether. He could rely on no one but himself and the instincts that would guide him.

As to her question as he gave himself something else to think about, he smoothly said, "I enjoy music as a whole... Though I haven't heard much of it lately... Only the wytch songs of old that are twisted in composition am I allowed to play or hear..." He stopped talking then, as he swallowed... He hadn't meant to give that much extra information, but it wasn't like she was going to go off running and telling everyone. She didn't even know who he was talking about... Yet... not saying anything more about it, made it seem as if he couldn't trust her with the information... So he waited until they were well into room, before he gave her a firm squeeze to let her know that he was going to let her go, "Thank you for your guidance...." He paused for a moment, hearing the door catch before he continued, "I'm sorry... She's one of those people... that the less you know of her... The better... As long as they think she doesn't exist, she won't do any harm... except for her own amusement... "

He felt around... not the way others may think but more with a feeling, some might call it a psychic probe, using his inner stregth and sense of smell. It was definately femine and soft. Luxurious only up to a point, he sense comfort here and warmth. A sanctuary of peace and yet, he was sure he detected a sense of longing and yearning. Terra may have thought herself a silly girl, but it was as if he could feel her dreams and wishes. He smiled as what he was going to say would sound awfully odd as he said, "It's a nice room..." He also liked it as it felt safe, and well... at least now he won't make her do something that would make her look like she was um... talking to an imaginary friend.

He had to bite his tongue... for wouldn't it be amusing if that so called imaginary friend decided to speak up? He sighed as he kept quiet, no, even with his discipline that was not something he was willing to risk. There wasn't much that he feared anymore.... Mystress wytch had taken care of that, but she is who he fears the most, and her wrath wasn't something he was sure he could endure. All he needed was someone with a hero complex to feel as if he should be saved when he was already lost. Anyone who cared would've rightfully thought he was dead anyways... Not to mention if she were to find out about Terra... No... much better not to think about it. He would simply just have to be careful.

He nodded once again as he said, "Yes, I have to think about it... The fact that you can feel me... It's unusual, I have to sort of remember and will it or allow that to happen... If that makes any sense at all." Heck, even he was confused as to exactly how he did it... Years ago, he would never had thought that spells and such things would come easily for him, for it was not at the time in his calling to do so, nor was it something he pursued ambitiously. But now that he was under tutelage, sometimes he had to do and think things backwards to figure out how it worked and exactly what it was that he did.

He hovered over to the side as he heard her walk around, hesitating just a bit before he continued, "I don't have to... If you would prefer I not..." If he thought scowling would help... he would... and he did, but that did nothing to show her the frustration he felt in trying to be gentlemanly diplomatic without sounding like a real ass... He sighed and decided perhaps he should just start over... "I can be just a voice, if that is what you wish..." Never mind what he wanted... He was just too used to doing, asking and serving... In some ways it galled on him, but at this moment what choice did he have. It was then that he realized that he would do almost anything to stay in her lighted prescence and not have her send him away.

Admin
    Admin

"No Rory," Kyra replied as she reached over, in attempt to give her friend and occasional partner in crime a hug. "It's good to see you, even if I had to fix a table in order to do it. So what do I get you?" Kyra let go of her malkavian companion as she went to return to behind the bar, watching as a monkish figure walked into the building. Perhaps in any other setting it would be viewed as something to freak out about when a stranger refers to her by name, but so many guests come and go as with Eternal being a common place thing that it wasn't much to worry about. Also the fact her position she can get plenty busy and no time to worry about memorizing each face. She only worries about memorizing drinks that are preffered to the residents anyways.

Continuing to watch Devlin and this Coventina out of the corner of her eyes, she would nod to his request. "Ice water? No problem." Kyra turned to get back to work, pulling a pitcher out from under the bar as with a glass. Energy would pulsate as a thin layer of frost appeared on the pitcher. When she would pour the liquid would be normal ice water. "Hope you enjoy, and welcome to Eternal. You here on buisness or pleasure?"

It would seem clockwork as Kyra noted the resident assassin come and claim his drink. "Hello Roblen," Kyra greeted, out of respect for the man if nothing else. Sh

Admin
    Admin

There was a full moon coming..but looking around he should be alright. Those are thick stained glass windows up there...they should filter the light from reaching him. But he should NOT step outside no no no no the fur and teeth and claws...this was a new place and by the looks of it, even the raw power of the Tiger-Lycan would be extinguised rather quickly by the looks of the people around here. Eyes watched the young pretty bartender hug on the vampire, he didn't know either of them but it was obvious they were good friends, so he waited his turn to be acknolwedged.

Those hues of his watched the transmutation of ice, such a thing was very rare but he had heard about it in the opponent archives back at the temple. Perhaps it was simply another kind of trick but the way it was done...wait no circle? Hmmmm perhaps there is more to this girl than meets the eye. Still, not his business, the ice water was in front of him and he bowed his head lightly taking a drink of it enjoying the cool sensation of the liquid running down his throat. Ohhhh yes..that was the stuff. Hearing the question he pondered it for a moment, there shouldnt be any harm in telling her right? Well not the whole story obviously but some parts were secure. Mugen was checked by the sound of her voice once more as she greeted an enigmatic yet dark natured figure that had briefly strode through.

"Well...actually now that you mention it...I'm looking for a new place, my last home was destroyed unfortunately. I've been traveling for a good time now and I need a place to settle down, maybe find some work. You wouldn't by chance know of anything would you? I can do anything between simply cleaning to chores around this place, and...well...I do have some talent with weapons but it looks to me like there are plenty of strong people around her, I doubt my abilities are needed in that regard."

Admin
    Admin

(( Continued from Castle Grounds))

His words penetrated her to the quick. However, she took his words, and pondered them. For well all she had was time to ponder such things. He spoke of duty, and service, and he seemed to question if she understood these things or not. She had of course, her entire life was filled with duty and service to others. From as long as she can recall she had served diligently, unrelentingly, and without complaint or thought of personal needs or wants.

It hadn't been until she'd been given hope for a future that she could even fathom to start beginning to think upon what it was she needed, or wanted most in her life. It come from a touch, a look and whispered words by the side of a heated bathing pool. It was then in that moment she knew there was more to life, than duty and serving. That there was something just as precious to those former things, and she had a chance to grasp hold of such and hang on, and experience them for the very first time in her life.

Then he had left to go to his Grand Master and take on the mantle that his former had. She had been proud of him, she still was proud of him for taking that next step. So she'd waited for him as he'd asked of her to do. Wait for his return.. only.. his return had come in a time upheaval and despair to those of the former lands. Had she stayed behind? She had but it had only been for him that she had. Could he not see that or realize such?

When he seemed to question where her loyalties lied though, it was the final punctuation into her. How could he question such when it came to her? He knew more than most that where loyalties lied they rested deep within her, and it was hard to change when it was needed most. Though in the years since the crumble of one land, and she left to embark on her life, and look for him... It had changed her, she'd had none to depend on but herself in those years. She no longer served in the sense she once had, for that was reserved for only -one- homestone... When she'd been given Slave Mistress, she had to learn to be upright instead of kneeling to others. She needed to show she had the stamina to do as was wanted of her and her new position..

She had done so.... but now she was faced with the changes since then, and the truth was... she desired to serve as Thoth did, and as they once had together when she'd been given the promotion. Yet had they changed too much to ever get that back? Where spoken promises and hopeful glances had enmeshed them with a good outlook for a future.. a future together? As he turned and walked away, she watched solemnly, pushing back the onslaught of words that wished to ride free from her tongue. Hiding behind a somber mask, even as she took that first tentative step forward in following him.... Follow him she did, and would as she had -promised- him she would until her end....

When he knocked upon the council's room door, she watched him enter within the room, and she.. she moved to the side of the door near the guards where she settled to the floor in exhaustion to wait for him to come from within... What would the future hold now? Only time would truly tell....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:31 pm