EternalEmpire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EternalEmpire

no description

Castle Main

Admin
    Admin

Castle Main - Page 4 Empty Re: Castle Main

Post  Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Avinwyn broadened her stance as she felt herself entrapped upon the stairs. While she did not turn her head to watch the man move into place she could feel him by the alert of her other senses. Sky blue hues focused on the woman before her placing the demands for the Mother's release. Avinwyn remembered her from the Counsel Chamber's; it was the Empress herself though she no longer wore the clothing of said office. She felt weary though there was something about her that caused Avinwyn to pause rather then simply change and escape these unfamiliar lands with her charge.

Should the man who had been with her have not seen fit to attempt an entrapment she very well may have discussed the matter further. As it was the animal within had become so greatly on edge that Avinwyn found it difficult to hold back the pending change.

Just as her eyes began to take on a reptilian hue she heard the whisper of a familiar voice. Her head would lower even as the feel of her gentle touch rested upon her cheek. She listened to her words then dipped her head in consent. "Always great Mother, I am your faithful servant."

Avinwyn's eyes remained fixed on the Lady Tao's features as she began to close the distance between herself and the Empress. When she was before her she would assist the woman in standing then take a step to the side allowing the two to again stand face to face. She would wait there for any further instructions Lady Tao might have.
    Admin
    Admin

At the release of Caine's hold upon him Branden found himself waking up as if from a drug induced stupper. The difference was one minute he had no mind of his own the next he was instantly aware. Brenden had unceremoniously dumped him in a corner the flower's he had stuck in his hair in various forms of disarray. He would blink several times even shaking his head as if to dislodge the unfamiliar feeling, the flower's, or a bit of both.

As always there was a plethora of activity going on within the inner sanctum of their home. Not far away his brother was as always acting the fool by proclaiming he was home. A few feet back their mother seemed to have come to some kind of understanding with the bird girl Brenden had brought back with him. Roblen was on the stairs just above his head assisting as only he could and within the hall itself came the voice he had so longed to hear. That

"I'm Sparrow...a friend of...Prince Branden invited me here yesterday but he had to run on an errand the Empress had given him. Mind if I wait for him here?"

That brought him to immediately stand straighter a hand instinctively running through his thick mane dislodging any stray foreign objects that might of somehow remained. Branden looked around the room until he saw her. Rolling a shoulder he began to stride over to her giving a nod to Kyra, Raven, Rayne, and the other three unfamiliar guests within the room (Haseo, Ayla, Thoth).

Once protocol and courtesy had been met, though he did give a swift smile and wink to the first three, Branden would become very serious as he faced the girl. "You stayed.." It was neither a question nor a full statement but more so a grateful response to the question his mind had been haunting him with since he left. He would step closer leaving no more then an inch to separate them and though his hands ached to reach forward he would hold them at his sides. Branden would search her features reigning in his quickly escaping pulse then fully addressed her.

"Walk with me?"
    Admin
    Admin

Sparrow's eyes would linger for long moments upon Rayne while her lips lifted into a grateful grin. "Thank you...I think I'll do just that. I'm to famished to refuse." The assassin-in-training's stomach grumbled loudly at that as if backing the girl's very words. Turning towards the doorway that led into the kitchen she moved to head within. Her hand would lift in a single wave upon noticing Raven, she remembered him from the Council chambers the night before. She cringed on that thought for he would have witnessed the Empress's anger directed upon her and heard the order to remain within the Castle...as if she were some kind of base criminal!

Bah! And this was one of the many reasons she willed Branden to get his ass back and pronto. This mess needed to be straightened out and the sooner the better. Her stomach gave yet another hungry lurch while at the very same moment a frigid sense of alarm recoiled against the length of her spine. Ginger hues moved slowly over her shoulder to glance behind only to be firmly caught and held by Amelee's mercurial depths. Gods....speak of the devil...and literally to boot.

Her gaze took on a look of pure innocence hoping her master would not notice the fact that she was no longer within the council room...where she had first been told to remain. As the small woman's soft order of "Stay" touched against her ears Sparrow almost sat right then and there like some obedient dog, yet with some will she forced her knees to lock in place and instead nodded her acknowledgment. Well...it seems like I'm not going anywhere for awhile.

As Amelee accompanied by Roblen continued on past the doorway she turned, grateful to once again be able to head towards the kitchens and the waiting feast. Yet for the second time...or third maybe...her attentions were drawn off course as the specter's soft words pitched against her hearing, then followed by the loud braying comment of "Honey I'm home!"

Spinning on her heel a sense of excitement flaring along every nerve...for reasons unknown...gingered hues glanced first at one twin then the other. It was the second one whom caused a smile to form against her lips, Branden. Somehow she was able to tell them apart easily...well the fact that the first one obviously...so Branden had told her... was somewhat "special" but then upon looking at him once again she could tell he had a bit more then a few loose screws. "Yes...yes you are home..." she replied slowly almost soothingly. "And welcome home." She gave Brenden a smile as if to a child...but then again was he...once again according to Branden...no more then a child?

Her attentions turned back to Branden and as if on it's own accord her hand would lift, fingers moving to pluck the single remaining flower from his thick locks. She brought it against her features inhaling the sweet scent. "Of course I stayed." She answered matter-of-factly not mentioning the Empress's orders to stay. Of course that was not the only reason she remained but obviously it was the main one.

Her heart gave a sudden lurch as he suddenly stepped close to her. She could feel the odd magnetic pull that threatened to draw her yet closer against him. The hell....? Lips parted ready to respond yet for long moments her words tumbled against each other. "I...well...yes. I mean no! I can't walk with you."

Ugh! I'm such a fool! Closing her eyes and clamping her jaw shut she slowly counted backwards from ten before beginning again. "What I mean is...I would love to walk with you...but I can't. I was ordered to remain here until the Master is ready to see me." Slight shoulders lifted into a shrug as her gaze lingered upon his features...actually more to the point of his lips. "I was just about to head into the kitchen though. Lady Rayne said I'm welcome to make myself something to eat...." Her voice trailed off into a low whisper as Branden's tongue moved to moisten over his lips. By the gods... For a moment her jaw worked but no sound came forth.

Get a grip girl! Sparrow jumped as if startled as her own consciousness berated against her actions. Clearing her throat loudly her gaze traveled innocently towards Branden's...as if nothing had happened. "Yes...umm...perhaps you might join me in the kitchens for a bite to eat?" Upon second thought she continued. "You do eat don't you? Food...that is...not blood or something...say human or...other demons?" Her jaw snapped shut shocked upon realizing she was starting to ramble.

Reaching behind her she grabbed up a small canister half-filled with something akin to beef jerky. Taking one from it she bit into the tough meat and occupying her mouth with the act of chewing. Better then spewing things out that Branden might take offense too...and the fact that her damned stomach sounded like amplified thunder. Ripping off another bite of the tough gamy meat with her teeth she nodded at him and pointed her chin towards the kitchen doors...then again turning on her heel she headed just that way.
    Admin
    Admin

The frigid stare of her silvery gaze would not waver from the small woman, even at the noisy entrance of her boisterous sons...or rather son. The only change upon her features was the grimace that set against her lips at the thought of Brenden. That boy! His scent tickled against her nostrils and once again her fury flared. Would he never learn? Somehow...someway he managed to get his hands upon the shipments of the opium for his whole being reeked of it. Amelee's eyes flicked for a split second towards Roblen in an attempt to gauge his reaction to the obvious before slipping back upon the girl before her. Her chest rose then fell with a deep sigh...she would question her twins later regarding the cargo she had them fetch...this time she would make sure Daemon was in attendance. Little they could get away with then...

The Empress's thoughts once again centered upon Avinwyn...was this not the bird creature Brenden had rescued from the lycans? Why would she attempt to abduct Lady Tao from her rooms? The questions revolved within her mind unanswered as she awaited the girl's decision on whether to flee or to do as she was bid. The indecision was almost audible as it coursed against the young female's frame yet she managed to hold her place.

Amelee was almost impressed that the creature as timid as she seemed did not shift and flee for her life...especially cornered as she was by trained killers. Her hand slid away from the carved bone sheath of her katana. Yet before she could open her mouth to deliver an assurance that no harm would befall the girl Avinwyn, the Lady Tao had spoke into the tense silence.

"Tao..." she whispered low, shimmering mercurial spheres moved to the older woman's form as Avinwyn brought her forth. Her fingers flicked outward in a motion for Roblen letting him know all was well before lifting upwards to grasp lightly against the adviser's arm in an offering of support. "Is it true...? You are the founder of the Empire...and our ancestor...?" Of course Amelee knew Roan would not seek to speak an untruth...yet these questions and more burned within her mind...she had to hear it from her so stated grandmother's mouth.

Chilled digits lifted to brush against Tao's brow as her concerned gaze searched the others' features. "Do not answer my questions yet...it was rude of me to ask them before making sure of your well-being first." Her arm dropped down only to slide within her grandmother's. "Are you well? Can you walk?" Worry formed within her words as she motioned Avinwyn forth to take the Lady's other arm. "You may have Branden's chambers for now since my mate and his dear brother destroyed your own. I think we should talk there in private...when you are ready of course." Her head would bow
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Pupiless orbs held a timeless gaze upon the boy known as Raven. The child had held a similar curse when they had last met though his had lifted in the most extraordinary of ways. The interaction between Ayla and Raven would not be interrupted but it would be observed with an unveiled kindness that spoke greater volumes then any voice the Grand Master may have found.

Attentions would then be given over to the rising girl Rayne. Not much could be hidden from a Master's keen awareness but a Grand Master missed nothing. From the straightening of her spine to the dip of her chin it was obvious that her training had become a part of her.

"Rayne," the velvety voice steeped with desire's husks wove through the air steeping its intoxication to all within it's range. "You honor me with your remembrance. I thank you." Manicured nails reached out drawing near to her shoulder then returned to touch the center of his chest. "It is my hope that the memories are not all bad but that some light had found the darkness."

As the words fell from full sensual part of his lips a pressure could be felt passed between his hand and that of the girls. It was a sign of strength as well as a measure of offered hope for what was yet to come.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:52 pm

It can be... interesting the things that a person's subconscious could react to when it is remember a time long past. Looking at her, she was holding herself in a way that actually shows what status she was a long time ago. Rayne had her freedom restored to her many years ago, but still did not realize what she was doing at this moment. That was... until it was called to her attention.

In a way, it could be said that it is true. Once a slave, always a slave. For those to even be free that certain influences can trigger a certain reaction. This is of course not always a bad thing, as there are lessons and reminders of humility. Those that have earned their freedom, and trained in the right environment can become some of the most loyal friends, or someone that you would have at your back during a crisis.

Rayne was embarrassed for the fact that her moping about not feeling useful had shown in that light. It was not anyone else's problem but her own, and just her brain talking. She knew that if she was useless, then she would have possibly been tossed out a long time ago, and found some other fate than be allowed to linger in this castle. While there was some signs that she was embarrassed about the outwards signs of her depression, she would try to not make sound as bad as she had felt about that.

"You are welcome," she spoke, just as friendly as before, but with an apology laced in there. "I thank you as well. The years spent under your training were the best of the years I have spent as a slave, and am grateful for the memory. I uh... didn't mean to make it appear otherwise."

She gave an apologetic smile at that, as well as a grateful nod of her own about his reassurance. It was really at a loss of what to say after that. The years had definably brought about alot of change in everyone. She had turned to glance at everyone, newly arrived or approaching the bar. "Once again, good to see the both of you. It's interesting how alot of familiar people that have been away are returning all of a sudden."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:23 am