EternalEmpire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EternalEmpire

no description

Council Chambers

Admin
    Admin

Council Chambers - Page 2 Empty Re: Council Chambers

Post  Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:57 pm

~Silently he would observe the physical manifestation of all that had been revealed months ago within the ever flowing stream of information....milky orbs followed Dante's departure knowing there would be little time. He would then feel the woman at his side shift as she spoke to him in whispered tones...Roan's attentions would become focused there though his features would show no change from the calming mask he wore...within there was a storm slowly brewing. A hand would lift to capture hers as it made its way over his jaw...gently it would be brought...palm up...to his lips where a tender kiss would be pressed to the center~

I will meet you there...do not linger long in your intentions...what I must do will take but a short time...

~A final kiss would touch her departing digits even as she was taken from the room. His gaze would take on a distant look even as he observed what was to be and a deep breath was taken only to be exhaled slowly that his patience may not be lost.

The Dark Lords head would then turn back to those newly entering the room...he would give a nodded bow to both Daemon and Kaden as they made their greetings...he would also give a brief nod to Raven who had come to give the news of Lac. Long tendrils of darkness began to weave about his feet...working their way up his legs as they sought to take their Lord back within the shadows loving embrace. He had done all he could do here...now it was time to asisst another in pain. With no further words offered the Dark Lord allowed the shadows to swallow his form...speeding him to the next destination~
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:58 pm

The intention of General Kaden's sibling was well anticipated the moment they made their way over the steep garden wall. In the way Daemon had carried him would make those who witnessed seem as if he were a child chastised by an elder. In truth he was a man grown and very well on in his years. This was just a way to make the true lesser brother, whose name happened to be Daemon Black, feel in actuality superior to the ascendant one, who of course happened to be himself. So Kaden had withheld his words of rebuttal and instead braced himself for the hard impact of this supposedly grand entrance.

His body was pushed prostrate into the solid packed ground before their lord and master and his brother's knee was placed solidly between his shoulder blades. "Master..." was all he managed to ground out in greeting as his lips kissed against dampened soil. With that a gauntleted arm would lift upwards then back. Silver encased digits would slip around the back of his siblings neck and draw powerfully forwards pulling the arrogant demon up and over his head. If the move followed through correctly Daemon would now be lying prone upon his back, staring upwards at the high vaulted ceiling.

His arm would lift again but pause in its downward thrust as he thought better of his next move. Kaden's elbow hovered no more then a millimeter from Daemon's upturned nose. "On second thought...it would be a shame to ruin your precious features...again, brother." He would rise to one knee before Roan with head bowed in complete obeisance before pushing upwards to stand.

Darkened depths raked over the destruction of the council chambers before flicking towards the Empress and her Lady Advisor. Lips would part readying to give his full report before snapping shut words forgotten in the next moment. "Lady Tao?" Kaden reached out his arm in absolute concern. His hand would encase her own drawing the frail woman forwards before sweeping her easily into his arms. Utter confusion would cloud his features as he had never once witnessed Lien Tao fall into an unconsciousness state. "What is the meaning of this?" He would state the question to no one in particular as he stood dumbfounded with the Royal Adviser cradled protectively against his chest.
    Admin
    Admin

-Continued-

My hands would clasp behind my back and I adjusted my strides to accommodate hers something I had naturally since my days as a human. I reached a height of just over six feet tall which did not help my cause. I attempted to draw attention away from myself by staying near the darker areas as well as wearing black the majority of the time. My natural Dhampir gifts of blending helped as well as the fact that I wore glass lenses in spectacles to conceal my eyes. I couldn't help but hope it, along with a brief explanation, would settle her curiosity once and for all.

"I am called Christian and your father is my Sire." Steadily I made my way further into the castle giving only cursorily glances to be assured she was at my side. "I have known you most all your life but as a silent companion to your father the opportunity for a meeting has not arose." As I finished I drew to a halt just outside the Empress's Council Chamber doors. "I believe your mother is within. Would you like me to announce your arrival?" I reached out taking the handle preparing to open the door.
    Admin
    Admin

-Continued from Castle Grounds-

After a few moments Theadra began to regain some of her composure, shaking off the metaphorical strings that wrapped gently around her limbs. “What is the meaning of this?” she retorted, her voice soft with minimal impact due to her recovering pride. She watched him with a more prominent frown creasing her pretty face and eyes that flared with a fire that plainly illustrated her displeasure. He was tall and walked casually with his hands behind his back like he was taking a stroll in the park. Even this trivial thing irritated her and she pushed back her shoulders in attempted to seem taller. “Christian...right.” she said noncommittally, taking fingers to push back stray hairs from her face. “I’m surprised I haven’t seen you, you don’t look like someone I would easily forget.”

His explanation may have calmed this inquisitive kitten but certainly did nothing to cure her disease. She stopped in time with Christian outside the Council Chambers doors and turned her head to face him “This isn’t over you know...” she warned with a playful glint in her eye and as soon as he grasped the handle of the door she turned back, the brief exchange between them apparently forgotten. “Perhaps you should, I’m sure you could a much better job of it than myself” She replied formally while adjusting locks of platinum hair to rest over milky skin.
    Admin
    Admin

I watched as she gave her fair warning and greeted it with a light smile. While I was sure this would certainly not be the last time we met it was very doubtful that another encounter such as this would occur. When she agreed that I should announce her I simply nodded then pushed open the door with no protest from the appointed guards. Their seeming lack of desire to be near the chambers at first struck me as odd. That was of course until the door swung smoothly inward giving a better view of what lay within.

I must admit that in that first glance I was very tempted to simply close the door and return Theadra to either my Sire or her grandparents. After weighing the options however I knew what his wishes would be and so I stepped to the side allowing her to enter.

The ghostly apparition closely resembling Master Thoth hovered near as I waited and as our eyes met a silent nod would pass between us. Raven also stood within arms reach looking as if he had news of great importance to share. Further into the room my Sire's mate Rivanna had taken on her full demonic form and was showing her displeasure over something that had taken place before our arrival. Further still I could see the Empress surrounded by the despised Lien Tao who was being held by Kaden and her husband Daemon lying flat on his back. Clearly something was amiss within these walls yet there was no feeling of eminent danger.

"Mistress Rivanna your daughter Theadra has arrived." I would make the announcement so that it may be heard but not loudly enough to disturb whatever was taking place. Turning my attentions back to Theadra I would again give a cursory glance offering a smile of luck before slipping back out the door closing it behind me.
    Admin
    Admin

The Empress had of course, like many others within the realm, felt the antecedent arrival of the greater deity. Then again how could one not notice as the moment he stepped upon these planes of existence all hell seemed to break loose. The taint of Lac seemed to vanish almost the moment it was felt and a shiver of unease crept down the length of her spine. Her only questions in this was what this Demon Lord was up to now, and what havoc had he caused in those few moments of time.

Mercurial spheres would lift to meet those of Roan's the moment the shadows dissipated from around his massive form. Amelee's head would give a single nod in reverence as his words reverberated throughout the gardens and council chambers. A silvered gaze narrowed slightly as it sought upon the woman held tightly to the dark lord's side. It was not enmity she displayed towards the woman's unknown identity yet more of a slight curiosity. After wracking her brain the only conclusion she could come up with was perhaps...a daughter? Syn then no doubt.

Her attentions reverted back towards Roan as his words now addressed her. "You honor me with your words, my lord." She said low beneath her breath before pulling her hand from his own and once again joined Lady Tao. Amelee would patiently await her adviser's words as the woman's gaze lingered beyond that of the garden's walls. When they came the most of Lady Tao's almost prophetic statements were well understood and heeded. Yet Amelee's brows would knit in confusion at the latter declaration. A false brother born is not blood of thy blood but a thief called to assassinate...what did Lien Tao mean by this? Again her mind wandered, did the woman mean to purposely complicate matters already at hand?

Lips parted ready to give the adviser the sharp command to fully explain herself but instead snapped shut the in next instant. Mercurial spheres widened in surprise as General Kaden flowed into view pulling the adviser against him before lifting her within his arms. Pale digits would lift to hover before Amelee's lips as she stood in a stunned silence. Never had she witnessed Lady Tao descend into an unconscious state. Kaden's question would go unanswered as she made her way hastily to his side. Chilled fingers tapped gently against the adviser's bloodless features. "Lady Tao?..." Cold Silver depths caught and held those of Kaden's. "Bring her within quickly."

Kaden's presence should have as well brought that of her beloved Daemon. She would spin on her heel guiding the way towards the massive archway leading directly into the council room. It was then she recognized the figure of Grand Master awaiting notice near the main doors with Raven just entering behind him. A nod of acknowledgement would be given to both yet silvered depths would focus completely upon the Avariel as she listened intently to the man's words. For the second time in a single day her eyes widened in shock at the mention of Lac's name and while within the presence of Daemon. "Daemon...NO!" Her shout of warning came just on the heels of his guttural demonic roar. As her husband instantly rose to charge she leapt out towards him. Pale digits gripped frantically against his forearm in an attempt to gain his enraged attention. "Daemon!"
    Admin
    Admin

Daemon felt his brother's next move allowing the boy to follow through with his simpleton gesture. He would have burst into laughter at such a juvenile move if it weren't for the second reminder given in regards to his looks. Azure optics narrowed as he cast his gaze upward. The Abysmal General could still see the departing form of his Master along with his own brother's swift departure. What he couldn't see clearly were the other new arrivals.

As he lay upon his back his senses suddenly became acutely aware of everything around him. Heartbeats, blood coursing through veins, air filling lungs only to be expunged, it was as if being near the Master had heightened his awareness beyond normal capacity.

It was then, from the far reaches of the Council Chambers that he heard it. A single name which stuck the spark to a nearly non existent fuse. Images flashed within Daemon's awareness. Two lovers revelling in fleshly desires upon a lavish staircase. tha thump The taunt of a man upon the grounds threatening harm to all held dear. tha THUMP A rush of air as he burst through the doorway only to be lifted within the air. THA thump Tendons rending, bones crushing, a body mutilated, a face torn away. THA THUMP

The Abysmal General was on his feet Azure optics taking on a molten hue. A primal roar reverberated marking the change had begun. Horns extended curving back against his head. Abysmal flames began to dance below the skin ready to burst forth upon completion. His body began to contort, taking on the outline of the imminent bolrog.

Daemon charged toward Raven each step bringing him closer to the deadly transformation. Where it not for the outstretched hands of the one he loved more then life itself he would have been upon the Averial. But as her hands clutched his arm Daemon's hand was brought against her brushing her abdomen. This single gesture or rather the life he felt within stopped him dead in his tracks.

Daemon wheeled around his mouth agape in midtransformation. His chest heaved and his eyes attempted focus even as he collapsed on his knees before her. His face contorted not from the pain of refusing the change but from the realization of what he had felt. "My god," Daemon's voice faltered as a single clawed hand rose to fit over her stomach. Though still within the very early stages the faintest of flutters could be felt by over stimulated awareness. A molten gaze moved between her face and his hand only to return again. As he looked once more upon his wife the azure of his eyes at last returned and the bolrog, though slowly, began to subside.

"Amelee," rarely would her true name ever pass his lips. In truth he had only spoken it one other time. "You carry our child." Reverently he would remain kneeling, his hand placed upon her, and a single well of crimson threatening to fall.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 pm

€мргёss Αмёlеё : Her heart beat a rapid tempo within her chest as the shock was quickly replaced with a cold fear. It seemed as if time slowed for her to a crawl like pace as her beloved charged the young Averiel. She knew if Daemon reached full Balrog form there would be one hell of a time trying to stop him. And with Kaden otherwise occupied she would be on her own. Frantic her fingers gripped tighter upon his arm attempting to jerk him back with all the strength she possessed. It was that moment as his arm was pulled back his own hand had brushed against her midsection that he would turn focusing his concentration completely upon her. A palpable relief washed over her. She had worked to draw his attention to herself and away from Raven which was her intent after all. "Daemon...love are you ok?" She asked softly in concern as he drew to his knees before her. She could see how he had fought to bring his demon under control, but it was not that which concerned the Empress. It was the consternation mixed with a touch of astonishment that convoluted his perfect features which drew her. Her hands would move to gently frame against his temples as cool digits threaded through obsidian locks. Mercurial depths met and held azure orbs and her lips parted to again express her concerns. It was then he reverently spoke her own name. Something he had done no more then one time before. Always to him she had been his kitten and naught else. Her head would tilt in a variance of confusion until his next words whispered within her ears. Eyes wide her whole body froze in shock, a single chilled hand moved from his features to cover his own upon her stomach. She would not dare to question his words for just by his expression alone she was sure he spoke the truth. Silvered spheres saddened for the space of no more then a heartbeat. It seemed her precious twins had been born just yesterday yet they were men already grown. She had so longed for another but had always been cautious of saying such. She was Empress of Eternal and her time was not her own...never her own. But now it seemed above all else she would have to make time. Pale lips creased into a worried line as her head lowered to his own. Lengthy silken locks hung like a curtain around them brushing against the granite floor. "Daemon..." she whispered for his ears only her tone quavering in it's distress. "I am afraid."

چGεиεŗąl٩Ðąεжǿиﭻ : Bastardy handsome features continued to contort as the finality of the change came to an end. Azure optics watched every nuance of her reaction as he remained before her. The thrum of her now rapidly beating heart joined his own as well as their new life creating a symphony that he was sure would fill the room. Fingertips lovingly caressed her abdomen while his free hand would lift to cup her lowering visage. "My love," his words were velveteen reassurances used to subside the fear he saw within her even before her words gave confirmation. "There is nothing to fear." Piercing eyes would search her as he spoke. "I will protect you down to my last breath. I know this has been an unspoken desire you have held deep within your heart. Something you have not even dared to share with me." Tenderly his head would lift allowing both his whispered words along with his comforting lips to pass over each eye, her temples, and finally her mouth. "Let nothing take from this joy. Our joy. This moment is ours my love." Reluctantly his hand would pass down the contour of her throat until it came to rest over the rhythmic throbbing in her chest. Carefully he would lower until his head was near her stomach. Daemon's hand would then flow over her hip to the small of her back just as his cheek came to lovingly rest where it had just laid. Lids lowered as he listened in wonder to what lay within. "Grow my child." His head would lift and turn that he may speak directly where it lay. "Grow in our love and know we eagerly await you." A kiss would be pressed before his head would again rest upon her.

€мргёss Αмёlеё : Her heart ached with the gentleness of his reassurances as his voice washed over her small frame like a cool calming breeze. The anxiety that had gripped her slipped away at least for the moment as she relaxed within his embrace. The corners of her lips drew upwards giving him a small smile. Perhaps there truly was nothing to fear, she was able to do it once while carrying twins, so she would be able to persevere once again. Her arms shifted moving to embrace around him as his cheek rested lightly against her. For long moments she would remain unmoving, basking within that comforting solitude exuded by herself, her beloved and the new life that they had created. Even though they were not alone within the Council Chambers the others within did not exist...for the time being. The affection they displayed now rarely if ever was shown outside of their own private sanctuaries, but she cared not. For Daemon was right, that moment was theirs to share. Her own lips would whisper against his temple before lying her cheek gently upon his crown of thick ebon locks. "Beloved...we have much to attend to, yet how I wish it could be otherwise..." Shaking her head sadly she would lift it and regretfully step away from him. "Our sons should soon arrive and Raven desires to give us the news regarding...." She paused for a moment before spewing the name in a rush. "Lac." Chilled digits entwined within that of her husband's and she drew him forth from his knees. Mercurial depths flicked towards General Kaden, seeing that he still held within his arms her unconscious adviser. "If you cannot wake her soon General you may take her to her chambers." She slid her body intimately against Daemon's side as she moved to address Thoth. "I thank you for arriving in such a timely manner, Grand Master. For I had sent the summons out no more then a week prior. Your journey must have been a long one...please accept my hospitality and be at ease, I shall attend you shortly." With that a silvered gaze would flow towards Raven and a small smile would touch against her lips. "Daemon please guard against yourself. The child means no harm..he only brings us news that we ourselves require." She would say this to her husband before raising her tone in order to address the Averiel. "You may continue once again Raven and tell us of this Demon Lord."

چGεиεŗąl٩Ðąεжǿиﭻ : Azure optics looked up within the curtained security of her raven tresses. A final look passed between them before duty would once more take precedence. She drew him to his feet with ease and the Abysmal General once more donned the air of arrogance. Daemon's arm would wrap protectively about his kitten as she began to address the others. Taloned fingertips would play over the curve of her hip plucking at the fabrics until one by one they gave to the sharpened pricks. Soon her bare flesh would peek through the created opening and his hungry hand would disappear within the folds. Calloused pads would dance over her flesh in teasing torment. Duty there may be but he would not allow her to forget there was much more. Her body perfectly melded against hardened contours just as the name was again mentioned. A rumbling growl accompanied the snarl of his lip but he would not move from her side. Instead Daemon would content himself by lightly raking his talons over his Kitten’s hip while awaiting Raven's report.
    Admin
    Admin

(Continued from Castle Grounds)

Upon sight of the grand stair leading ever upwards into the sanctuary of the Castle his stride lengthened. Brenden took the steps two at a time as he climbed up towards the waiting servant. "A moment if you please, my lady. I must make myself presentable." He directed towards the owl setting her to perch upon the intricately carved balustrade. He would stand in regal silence as the drudge with cloth and water in hand removed as much of the coated mud and grime as he could. "Enough!" He snapped slapping the tureen of water from the servant's hands. Grabbing up his robes and quickly slipping them on he then held out his arm for the owl to once again settle.

Brenden stepped before the Council Room entrance awaiting the guards to push open the doors for him. A moments pause was given in order to pull in then release a deep relaxing breath. "Empress, I have come post haste in regards to your summons." His head would dip in reverence to both his mother and father as he moved before them uncaring to those who should have taken precedence before him. Carefully he held up his arm showing to them the snow white owl perched upon it. "The Lady here is whom the lycans had been after. Though I know not why..." His words would halt as he turned from his parents and set Avinwyn upon the backrest of a thickly cushioned chair. "She is exhausted from her ordeal mother so please allow her a room to rest before she is further interrogated."

He stood then, listening to his mothers instructions regarding the assignment she had for both he and Branden. They were to travel to the Port City and retrieve some sort of live cargo there. No time limit had been specified and a wide grin alit upon his features. It had been overly long that he had been able to devote a visit to his favorite pub, 'The Pig and Whistle'. A nod to the Empress would be given before he again addressed Avinwyn. "I shall return post haste, do not fret you will be safe here." Turning from the others Brenden made his way to the outer gardens before opening a portal that would deposit he and Branden just outside the border of the Port City. "Hurry up bro!" He called out verbally then added within their private mental channel. The Pig and Whistle isn't going to wait forever you know.
    Admin
    Admin

Branden_Black : Branden was fully focused on the woman before him. On the one hand he held a great deal of guilt for what had happened and on the other he couldn't contain the excitement at being near her once again. He was doing his best to remain patient as he waited to see if his invitation would be accepted when he heard Brenden's words. If Branden could have turned white as a sheet he would have. As it was he froze in place the only indication of his shock was that his eyes would grow until they would seem to pop out of their sockets. His anger would also be portrayed in the sudden flare of his nostrils. How COULD he?! Its not that Branden was not intending on a full explanation he had actually begun the process but for it to be stated the way his twin had blurted it out was devastating. His arm would lower and his gaze would study Sparrow closely for her reaction. In truth he did not know the right thing to do at this point. No matter what the truth would be told but he did not know if he should continue to fight the urge to just await her response or start babbling like an idiot.

§GõldenSparrõw§ : A small grin would crease against her lips at Branden's words as he motioned towards the twin. The boy might have been as naked as the day he was born, grime coated down to his very teeth and speaking to the snow white owl he held. Yet with all this he did not seem 'special' at least in the way Branden had meant to describe him...especially when he spoke. His words were clear with a strong touch of conceitedness. Her body froze the supporting hands upon Branden's arm dropping away. Perhaps his words were a tad to clear. "Did I just hear what I thought I heard?" Her head snapped around cool amber orbs narrowing upon the culprit Branden. "You...jumped...JUST... to....get....my...attention?" Each word, each syllable was stressed as she took a step towards him her tiny fists clenching and unclenching in her agitation. "I had damn well nearly killed myself falling out behind you in my haste to get to you!" Fingers motioned towards the many scratches that marred the skin of her bare arms and a single foot stomped down hard on the ground. "AND I CAN"T MEND LIKE YOU CAN!"

Branden_Black : Branden had never felt so low in his life. While he as yet could not explain why he felt so strongly for this girl he could not deny that she had an instant hold on him. His eyes became tortured as he looked over each scratch she showed him. He wanted so badly to just give her his ability to heal or more to the point to be able to heal her himself. "Sparrow," the rambling of apologies was right there, right on the tip of his tongue ready to stream forth. One look in her eyes and the stomp of her foot closed his mouth. Branden's jaw muscles worked and his hand rose to the back of his neck rubbing hard. Gods but he could have cried. THEN what would she have thought?! "I'm sorry." The two words could not have come any straighter from the heart if he had cracked open his chest. Branden's head was already lowered with the rubbing of his neck and his hair now fell forward sweeping back and forth. "I have looked for you for weeks now. Everyday I have searched before the sun rose until well after it set trying to find you. Even a glimpse." His hand would fall to his side as he started to turn away but didn't get far. "I can't explain it or even give you a good reason why but the truth is I can't stop thinking about you. When I saw you there and you fell into me all I could think is that I didn't want to lose you again." Branden's hands were partially thrown up in defeat. "I know what I did was dumb. More importantly it was dead wrong of me. It was a selfish thing and I am very sorry." As he lifted his head the sincerity of his words were clearly etched over every feature.

§GõldenSparrõw§ : She waited watching him closely. She had expected him to start babbling like a child with his hand caught in the cookie jar. Expecting him to give her any excuse that formed on a whim upon the tip of his tongue. She could so easily see the myriad variance of emotions flicked in and out of his features as he fought to find the words in order to explain. Her head shook slightly causing the small shells and polished stones plaited so intricately within her hair to clink loudly against each other. By all the gods of this damned world she did not want to believe his words yet when his head lifted her gaze locked with his own. It was the true sense and look of complete and utter honesty that threatened to dispel her anger. "Uggggh!" Her fists slammed in irritation against her hips. "You are a demon...a lying, conniving deceiver by trade. But for some stupid, idiotic, asinine reason I believe that you....did not mean it." She could have roared at him at the innocent tortured look upon his features. "But that does not mean I forgive you just yet." Even though she wanted to, even though everything in her being demanded that she do so. Yet the Sparrow was stubborn...just as stubborn as her most honored mentor at times. Crossing her arms over her chest she turned away and started slowly following the path of the twin and his lady bird. "If its any consolation to you I had been searching for you as well, you know?" Amber spheres remained straight ahead glaring at the looming castle before her. She was an fledgling assassin by the god's sake. Yet here she was arguing with a man walking in broad daylight in plain sight. She should know better...should better used her training in a situation as this. But she could not bring herself to leave Branden just yet and it irked as well as fascinated her to no end. "So...where are you taking me again?"

Branden_Black : Branden could have kissed her feet when she said she believed him. He wanted to jump up and whoop punching the air as he did so. Somehow he held himself back using the fact that she could not forgive him..yet to help keep him on the ground. "Thank you Sparrow." Branden did his best to keep his voice from sounding overly happy as it would perhaps sway things back in a direction he did NOT want to go. As she began to walk he practically leapt forward to follow her. He lengthened his strides until catching up to her then halted instantly when hearing that she too had been looking for him. "You have?!" Now there was no way to keep the exclamation from his voice. So he wasn't alone in his feelings! Branden leapt forward again reaching her side in nearly a single bound. If she were to look over at him she would clearly see he was grinning like an idiot. The same boyish grin he gave his mother each time she praised him for something he had done. "I wanted to escort you to the castle. My mother the Empress has summoned my brother and I to the Council Chambers." Again his hand would reach out in an offering to escort her personally.

§GõldenSparrõw§ : A single stiff nod would be given as she slowed her pace so he might keep up. "Yes, I did...I wanted...to..." Her voice faltered on an off pitch squeak before she managed to continue again. "Nevermind...it was no big deal really." She could not believe she said that after cutting a glance to the side and seeing the foolish grin plastered against his features. She did not want to hurt his feelings with such coarse words. ~Sparrow you are an idiot!~ She snapped acerbically to herself before moving to repair any damage caused. "I wanted to see you...that’s all." With some difficulty, as the irritation still coursed through her frame, her lips would lift into a smile. "I will go as far the castle with you but no further." The smile dropped and her brows knit in consternation. She of course knew of the woman who was Empress...but had never been presented before her in that regal state. She knew that woman only in the guise of her most honored and beloved mentor and master. For years now she had been secretly taught and drilled in the ways of an assassin by both her Master's Star and Roblen. This was the way of an Assassin's training. If she were to meet with Star now she would have to act as if she had never before laid eyes on her. Gods....what would the Empress think when her son brought her student into the Council chambers. A small hand would lift to slap lightly against her forehead followed by a loud groan. "What have I got myself into now...." She mumbled to herself before adding in a louder tone. "I'm sure yourself and your brother have much to do if the Empress has summoned you. I'll probably be no more then a hindrance within her presence and I'd rather save the questions for later, aye?" She almost balked like a skittish filly as the main doors loomed just before them.

Branden_Black : He was a giant ball of emotion moving from excitement to questioning to concern. It was her smile though that kept Branden not only grounded but yearning for more. Straight away he knew that that single act, her smile, would be a drug that could easily lead to his undoing. No matter what she would do or how he may feel if she smiled at him Branden's heart would melt. Good gods boy get a hold of yourself! He fought hard to smooth the boyish grin into one of charm as she stated she would go no further then the castle itself. "You could not and would not be a hindrance of any kind. As you can see," his hand would motion toward his brother who had already begun to clean himself off before retrieving the owl. "My brother is bringing his lady into the castle and most likely presenting her to our mother. Now you wouldn't want them to think I myself unfit for a lady upon my arm would you?" He turned the full force of angelic charm on her as he leaned in conspiratorially. "I know for a fact my parents are questioning my "likes" where relations are concerned and while I myself know exactly where my interests lie they are in true doubt." He would nod then take her hand and spin around until he was walking backward leading her through the main doors. "Please M'lady, you can not leave me to look as though I am unfit for any woman to love. Allow me to show them that not only am I good enough but that the most wondrously fair lady in all the lands may actually hold an interest in me!" As he spoke he continued to hold her hand gently within his own all the while coaxing each step drawing them nearer to the Council Chambers.

§GõldenSparrõw§ : Like an ongoing litany of prayer the words, 'I don't want to go in there! I don't want to go in there!' ran over and over through her mind. Yet she held her voice keeping them from moving past her lips like a frightened child heading into the dark unknown. Her jaw set for a moment as she once again took stern control of herself. "You fool yourself if you think..." Her words stopped only to be replaced with a bout of loud laughter at Brandens words. "Oh gods..." More laughter ensured as she doubled over her gaze resting upon his sibling now dressed and entering the castle. "So....your brother is going to present ~that~ owl upon his arm to the Empress...as...his...lady?" She could not help the laughter nor the tears that pooled in the corners of her eyes. "Give me a moment please." After no more then a minute her mirth was swiftly kicked in the ass and brought under control. "Unlike the Owl I am no lady. I am cut from a rough and ribald human stock." -Unfit for any woman to love?- What did he mean by this? Why was he speaking of love? Her head tilted to the side in confusion as he led her past the doors and within. Her pupils felt as big as saucers and her eyes wide as they stopped before the still open Council chamber doors. She was definitely not a fair lady...she felt as coarse as a heathen aborigine off some far coastal island with the shells and stones plaited within her hair. And her manner of dress...ripped in the most ridiculous places no less from her downward descent off the tree. "Are you CRAZY!?" She choked out at Branden. From her vantage point she could see the gardens through the chambers...maybe if she made a break for it! -Oh yea..stupid idiot girl. Make a break for it straight past the Empress and past her imperial guards and servants, nice idea!- Her hands gripped hard to his own the blood draining from her features as the Empress in all her regal glory and the man beside her, her consort? came directly into view. "Please kill me now..."

Branden_Black : Laughter spilled over Branden's lips like water spewing out of a damn. Once released he could barely contain himself. He laughed out of relief, out of the hilarity of the picture he painted, out of the sound of her laughter, most of all he laughed out of joy from being near her. He couldn't help but think how perfectly her hand fit in his own as they drew ever closer to the Council Chambers. Her delicate yet nimble fingers elegantly encased in his own calloused hands. "You are my kind of lady. I have known many "ladies" in my lifetime. Granted not in the same way my brother has known them but well enough." Branden's thumb jerked over his shoulder toward Brenden who was just now entering the room. "I have never wanted someone delicate and fragile. Someone more like myself or more to the point like my mother." At this he would turn back around just in time to push Brenden aside with a flourish of one arm. "MOTHER.." his hand would rise as if shading his eyes against the sun, "is that you?!" Still holding tightly to Sparrow's hand he would reach out to take his mother's free hand and bring hold it within his own. He would then lean in to brush her cheek with a loving kiss and whisper sincerely into her ear. "I'm sorry Momma. Please forgive me." Drawing back he would align himself with Sparrow and smile broadly. "Mother, Father might I present to you the woman I have been searching for, Sparrow. Sparrow this is my Mother the Empress of Eternal and my Father Daemon her consort."

€мргёss Αмёlеё : The Empress was still a tad confused with her youngest twins words. "Lac's minions were after an OWL!? What is the meaning of this Brenden? And why in the hells are you calling her a lady?" Cold silver spheres flicked from Brenden to the owl then back again. She leaned closer against her beloved husband's side. "I think he is trying to purposefully give me a headache again." She directed towards Daemon as Brenden set the owl upon the back of a chair. "Rest? She needs rest? Where do you suggest I place her..in a room or a kennel?" Pale hands moved to caress against her temples as her gaze was now drawn towards the new arrivals at the door. Pale lips pursed tightly trying to hide the agitation and the slight touch of shock at seeing her student Sparrow within the Council Chambers and at her son's side no less. A sigh of exasperation pushed past her lips as her eldest twin moved against her to whisper within her ear. Her chilled hand would slide from Branden's own lifting up to pinch his ear lobe between thumb and forefinger. Drawing back she drug him forwards until his ear brushed against her own lips. "By all that is unholy I should flay you alive imp!" she hissed before adding in a low tone. "Don't you ever scare me that way again." With that her lips would brush lightly in greeting against the smoothness of his cheek. "Welcome son." A narrowed gaze would then alight upon Sparrow. "What business have you within my Council Room and with my son?"
    Admin
    Admin

چGεиεŗąl٩Ðąεжǿиﭻ : Daemon’s eyes had been slowly narrowing into slits from the moment the imp had entered the room. Had the Kitten not been draped against his perfectly sculpted side the Abysmal General would have already been across the floor throat in hand. “Now will you allow me to put an end to this?” It had been a standing request since the first year of the twin’s lives. Daemon had always maintained that they had created the imps and brought them into the world they could just as easily been taken out. As she spoke of a headache the low rumble in his throat began indicating the lose of his patience. “I don’t know what game the two of you are playing but you can damn well know I will put an end to it.” Daemon took a step forward just as the second imp arrived right on time. Branden would be greeted with a snarl as he all too late attempted to put himself between the imp and his Kitten. Their exchange was brief yet not brief enough. Azure optics took on a crimson cast as they now focused on the woman his eldest imp brought to the room. The arch of a single brow would accentuate not only the absolute necessity for the human girl to answer the question presented but to do so post haste.

§GõldenSparrõw§ : She wished someone, anyone could have knocked her out cold the moment she entered, or rather yet was pulled into the Council room then be forced to endure this! Yet here she was fully conscious and facing the two most influential beings within the Empire. Her flesh rivalled the white washed walls as the blood pooled away from her shocked features. How could Branden pull her in this way and introduce her so informally?! And to add insult to injury by introducing the Empire's rulers as mother and father. "Branden do you not have any class?" she would hiss beneath her breath as she fell to her knees before Empress and Consort. "Your Highnesses..." Was this the correct title to give them? Oh gods...oh gods. Had she been able she would have started chewing her nails to the quick. "...please forgive the intrusion. I did not mean to disturb a family matter." Wide amber orbs stayed glued to the tiled ground not daring to glance up. She could not only feel the animosity from both Star and her Daemon but she could hear it in both their voices. How she wished she could stand and just give Branden a swift kick in his ass. She looked and felt like a vagrant within such a formal setting and were all eyes on her? It felt as if a thousand of them were burning holes into her back. "I humbly apologize, Empress. I was invited by Prince Branden to attend him within the Council chambers." -Don't faint...don't faint you idiot girl! A deep breath was taken then another in order to steady the vertigo like unsteadiness roiling around her. "I shall take my leave...with your permission of course. She would not dare move a single muscle as she awaited their dismissal all the while planning Branden's demise next time she laid eyes upon him.

Branden_Black : Branden had been busy with his mother as she took him by the ear and gave her warning. As she pressed the kiss to his cheek in silent forgiveness he again began to grin ear to ear. He was very used to the looks big Daddy gave both himself and his brother so he didn't waste anytime even acknowledging them. They were both safe from his reign of terror upon thanks to their beloved mother. She would never allow him to hurt her precious boys. Branden did however pay attention to the myriad of emotions Sparrow seemed to be having as she knelt on the ground. His happiness instantly faded being replaced by deep concern. "She came here at my request. I brought her here because I wanted you both to meet her." Branden would then shift himself directly in the paths of those looks that had been directed at Sparrow. "Mother this is THE girl," he motioned back to where she knelt. "The one I have been telling you about." Branden now looked back to Sparrow before turning again to his mother. "You yourself said you wished to meet her." Branden would then turn his back to his parents and move to one knee before Sparrow. His hand would reach out cupping her chin to coax her gaze up to his own.

栗€мргёss Αмёlеё栗 : The Empress waited quietly smooth regal features displaying perfectly the patience she did not feel. This was not how she and Roblen taught Sparrow, day after day of drills and exercises to control those young wild emotions and feelings. She could not only see each and every thought cross those expressive features but she could audibly hear them as if Sparrow had called it out across the room. There was no doubt..this one was a mess. The girl's training and discipline had seemed to have been misplaced once again. Another sigh would move coolly past her lips as mercurial depths contemplated upon the child. She wanted to snap to rage to drag Sparrow to her private practice arena and drill her through every lesson till the girl fell in an exhausted heap. Yes, both she and Roblen knew her...they had secretly taken her under their wings years ago as an exclusive assassin trainee. She listened to the novice's words yet no response was given. Instead her narrowed gaze flicked towards her son Branden. "You wanted us to meet her?" She would ask in a low mocking tone. "This is -the- one you have been speaking of? The one that fell out of the tree onto your horse?" She looked back towards her novice assassin. "So it was you that fell out of the tree almost injuring the Prince? How clumsy of you..." So Sparrow is the very one who drew her son many a sleepless night to search day in and day out. Such a thing might not be so bad after all...at least her eldest twin was actually interested in a female after so many years of abstinence, compared to his brother's ceaseless conquests, which eased a mother's mind. Yet, Sparrow was a human...and humans were highly perishable, where as Branden was not. He would have to watch himself around her lest he break the fragile creature. This would take time and lots of thought for she would not allow this union between her son and her novice student until she fully discussed it with Daemon and Roblen first. And perhaps Sparrow as well for the girl's raucous thoughts screamed of Branden's demise. "No you are not excused...Sparrow is it? You shall stay. There is a matter I would discuss with you." Her hand would caress against her husband's chest before motioning towards the new council table and chairs the servants were dragging in. "Have a seat there, I shall attend you soon." She looked to Branden. "As for you...your brother awaits you within the garden's with the portal to take you to the Port City. You two are to retrieve and escort the 'live cargo' here...and make sure it stays in one piece. You are dismissed."

Branden_Black : The phrase ‘screwed the pooch’ kept bouncing around in Branden’s brain as he looked over his shoulder. He expected the look on Daemon’s face but not the look on his mother’s let along her tone of voice or words. When he looked back at Sparrow it was that same face palm feeling he had after falling out of the tree. How stupid can you be you IDIOT! Branden’s head would lower as he remained on one knee before Sparrow. His voice would be but a whisper as he spoke quickly to her. “Forgive me, they are my parents. I forget that they are more then just mother and father.” His face had taken on the sincerity and severity of the situation. As he rose to stand he would offer a hand to assist her in rising as well due to his mother’s command that she take a seat. Once Sparrow had begun to move Branden would turn back to his parents. Respect for their positions would bring him back to a knee with bowed head. “It is my fault that she has been brought here without an Imperial summons. I beseech the Empress to place the blame where it lies and not upon the innocent.” Branden called upon his training as he continued. “Your cargo will be delivered swiftly and in perfect condition.” All trace of humor or joking had vanished within the eldest twin. He would rise with the fluid grace of an assassin. Then with the regality of a Prince he would again bow to first his father then his mother. “Your Highnesses,” Branden would then stride to the garden and enter the portal allowing it to shut immediately behind him.
    Admin
    Admin

Could this day possibly get any worse? The silver haired avariel knew better than to ask such a condemning question. Normally he would have remembered that uttering such a foul name around the Emperor would end badly but an addled mind forgot. The signs of him ending up in another broken body to add to the pile was interupted by the mercy of his Empress... Still, the mental image of being cornered by a Balrog made him shudder, claustrophia was peaking from the hints of transformation. A definate weakness to this body, but it was the shell that he had chosen. With the freedoms that flight can offer it comes at a price. Well aware of that when he chosen to look as close to Mikhail as he could. One that was never for a minute regretted.

As Raven had an internal battle to keep the claustrophobia at bay so he could do what he came in these quarters to do, all he knew is that the Royal Couple were having a pleasant moment together. As much as he wanted to flee his will kept his feet on the floor, bow with respect as Raven chose to face what would come his way.

Grandfather... Roan looked towards him with a nod didn't he? He would know what was going on right? Is it possible that he's imagining things worse than they really are or was it an I will deal with YOU later sort of thing. Appearences can be quite decieving, Raven learned that with his psionics lessons, but at the same time the choice was made to believe that maybe... It was like the sun was starting to peek through on an otherwise craptactular day. Not quite enough to chase off the storm clouds, but it helped give him the power to play through this act that the chapter of life had thrown their way.

Raven's head bowed even more apologetically when it appeared that the lines had turned to him. He's taking this more seriously than a play, it is a situation that was better with facts, not fiction. He had taken a breath, wishing to apologize for his lack of manners when the door opened. Brenden stepping through with a rather beautiful owl on his arm. Brave features turned to one of annoyance as his part of the report was spoken. The failure to mention that the owl was a shifter caused the avariel to more or less have the same WTF reaction as his mother. Only hers was more vocal than his was due to the fact the joke seemed to aimed at her. STILL!!!

He was in the same position as Tweedledumb entered the room provoking his mother's anger. Oh boy... This he is staying out of... Raven was happy for him that he had found the girl but... BAD TIMING!!! The girl seemed to not appreciate it either. Raven enjoys their company, but when they do things that aggrivate their mother he calls them by the tweedles. Though really, who is he to talk? He doesn't have a twin though...

Their heading to the port city eh? A glimmer of mischief played in his eyes as this wasn't likely the best time to do it but... Raven couldn't resist. Trying to figure out which peice of jewlry on Brenden that wasn't an important gift and didn't mean that much to him, a guess had been made. Attempting a minor spell that was easily removed. If it worked properly, any mirror or reflective surface that he looked at, his 'perfect' image would be... tainted. Moldy clothes and blemishes on the face. The best that he could do on the fly for now, something more intricate will hit him as he has more time to plot it out... Maybe Maybelle could help and give her something different to think about?

There wasn't time to do much with Branden... They had went through the portal already... He had upset his mother worse but Brenden with the owl story took the cake! Perhaps if the spell worked then being seen with a freaking out twin whose obvious sin is his vanity be embarassing? He could hope, nothing more nothing less. He will find out later if it took or not, as those two weren't easy to jinx.

Was it his turn to speak? Again? Raven waited a moment before he would continue. "Your Majesties, I apologize for my lack of manners a moment ago. It appeared as if I came in before my brain caught up. If you need a visual memory of what happened along with the details I would be more than happy to provide."

He would take a break to organize where he should start. Keeping his curiousity of what would happen to the side as it was decided. Start from the beginning. It was actually a chain reaction of events. Where it started to speed towards the climax was when Maybelle went to check on Leo after a fiasco in the gardens. From what I learned from Leo, Darren came in and... attacked Leo. He came to and Lady Saura was on the ground. He calls for help and when it was gained jumped out of the window to find Maybelle and Darren. I come around the corner, see the jump, heal him. It was decided that I take to the skies while he goes on foot..."

He lowered his eyes to the floor as Raven reviewed what happened. To give a clear story on what happened. "I saw Saffie breaking a sword, getting cut in the hip. Darren had Maybelle pinned to the ground as Leo..........quite effectively...... stopped Darren...by dealing what would normally be a death blow..."

Storm cloud colored eyes had lifted as it was likely apparent that this was where Lac came in. Nervously watching Daemon being he didn't want to have a repeat of what just happened moments ago! Then he would glance towards everyone else in the room, not stalling any longer. "I was still midair when I sensed...him." Raven preceeded to describe what the lycan looked like, taking time to get the details right. Maybe a visual image would be better? He thought about doing an illusion but thought twice. "The creature jumped over where Saffron lain and bit Leo. At this time the boy's father was getting close to the clearing. Maybelle was ignored thankfully, while Darren was taken. There was magic to prevent me from doing anything about it. I don't know where the Leo's are, but Saffron is now with her family, safe, so is Maybelle."

His voice started to show more of the emotions that deemed him a failure but he didn't form the words. The fact that aside from emotions, he was more or less in piece. Raven didn't think it would be wise to waste their time with emo antics. Knowing as much as he did about Lac and the fact he took Darren, it was uncertain that Darren's body would stay dead. His heart still judged the youth guilty of his crimes and would love to strangle him, but he worried for those that still cared...
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Folding in her wings she attempted to settle on the man's arm. Sharp talon's extracted only to regrip in this continued attempt and her eyes remained astute to all around her. As they neared the castle Avinwyn became restless. He was taking her within a stone cage one that was unfamiliar and not easily escapable. Yet she knew her choices where few as her strength had not fully returned. A small measure of trust must be placed somewhere until it is either broken or found to be rightly placed.

After the man had made himself what he considered presentable they entered the castle. Avinwyn memorised the many twists and turns required to find her way out should the need arise but as they found their destination it was clear it would not be a necessity. There before her was a completely open wall leading to the freedom of an open garden. Avinwyn could feel herself relax as she perched on the chair.

While she could hear the exchange of words and did indeed find offense in it, a matter of greater importance was spotted. A screech tore from the owl as her wings spread wide lifting her into the air. Just as she cleared the chair the air itself shimmered around the bird acting as a buffer to the transformation. A brilliant surge of light would predecease the appearance of the woman's lithe form. Avinwyn reached heights no greater then the Empress herself and her frame was petite and like the Empress she carried a strength of determination in all she did.

She made her way over the floor to where Kaden held an unconscious Lien Tao. "Mother," the word would be whispered as a trembling hand stroked her cheek, "what have you done?" Avinwyn spoke to the woman as if she could open her eyes with the needed responses. Concern flowed within the depths of her stormy blue eyes and she looked up to the man. "Lay her down that she may have rest. There is nothing more that can be done for her now."

Avinwyn would shadow the man until Lien Tao would be given rest. She would however send an unwavering gaze toward the Empress as she received the news about the one who had invaded her kingdom. At the sound of his name a shudder would run through her but she would quickly recover with a straightening of her spine and squaring off of her shoulders. She would not allow him a single ounce of power over her; not now not ever.
    Admin
    Admin

Aside from the endless patience afforded his Kitten the Abysmal General's patience was minimal at best. It was no secret that his temper was quick to ignite nor was it unknown that his tolerance of most was nil. Most lived by the grace of his wife’s whim. Daemon stood in a semblance of his willingness to endure this montage of pandemonium that seemed to be never ending. He would have growled his irritation had it not been for a certain typists continuous comments that it was his only ability.

Azure optics observed the imps departure even as Raven began his report. Then came the revelation that the youngest twin had been truthful for once in his existence. The owl he had perched on the back of a chair had transformed into a woman. One who seemed to be well acquainted with the unconscious Lady Tao. It was then that he felt the flex of his Kitten against his perfectly crafted form. As the revelations unfolded her tensions mounted. Enough was enough.

Drawing in a deep breath Daemons chiselled muscular chest expanded and without warning he smoothly swept the Empress off her feet. Muscles rippled over a bastardly handsome jaw line as his expression took on one of complete commanding control.

"Your report is noted Raven you may go. I will call you should there be any further questions. Grand Master, I suggest you seek out the head of staff for suitable quarters. A set of rooms have been set aside for both yourself as well as any slaves we choose you to train. Kaden, take these two women to the Lady Tao's chambers then go see what other surprises are happening around the castle. And you," Daemon would round until he faced Sparrow sitting at the table. "Don't even think about leaving this castle. In fact it would be in your best interest to find a private room and stay there. If I have to hunt you down when the Empress is ready to speak to you I will be the one to personally hunt you down."

Daemon's eyes flashed demonic red as gaze bore down upon her. He would then turn toward the private garden's where the secret stairwell to their private chambers lay. "This session is now closed. You are all dismissed." Long purposeful strides would carry him well out of their site as he began to ascend the stairs two at a time.

Lips would tenderly descend until they began to partake of the Kitten's neck. Tenderly he would coax her head to turn that he may more fully drink of her divine fount. "You must rest my love. You have endured much this day and while I know you have the strength of a lioness our child is within you and she too has needs. Rest against me," his lips would roam until they nuzzled against the perfect curve of her ear where they would sensually whisper. "Let me be your hero."
    Admin
    Admin

To Kaden it seemed like he stood there holding Lady Tao for hours if not days. No answer had come from those around him in regards to his spoken outburst nor had another moved an inch in order to relieve him of the Advisor's limp form. A worried gaze moved slowly over her features as the General shifted her in a more comfortable position...as if the unconscious woman needed it. His hand moved to tap lightly at the smoothness of her cheek. "Lady Tao? Hello...can you hear me?" At the slight nudge the lady's head limply lolled back even further over his arm. A General he was...who had fought countless wars, had witnessed even walked upon fields of blood and flesh. Helplessly watched as the men under his command died of wounds taken in battles they had fought while in his arms. But never had he flinched nor blanched so white he could have been comparable to the alabaster stain of the council chambers own walls.

Dear god...a female fainting into his arms was not at all commonplace with him. There had been times before that women had fallen at his feet but not god damned unconscious! And to top it all off there was not a single mark upon her...what strange malady was it then that had struck her down? "I think I'm going to be sick..." he muttered under his breath as cerulean depths sought the form of his brother. Obviously no help would be gained from that corner as Daemon was well occupied with his wife, the twin imps and Raven. Slowly he began to move them towards the single almost hidden doorway that lead to the royal residence.One agonizing step was taken at a time in order not to jar the Lady in any way.

The current goings on within the council chambers had gone unheard for the moment, yet upon reaching the door Kaden turned and took account of the actions within the room. The twins it seemed had quickly come and gone leaving behind them two females with one of them being a bird no less. Raven had spoken of his earlier news and was awaiting acknowledgment and dismissal. The servants had quickly cleared the broken tinder from the room caused by the table colliding with the wall and replaced it with yet another. All seemed to be in order with no current danger apparent so therefor he would be allowed to take a moment in order to convey Lien Tao to her chambers.

It was that moment he had grasped the door's handle in order to open it that a shrill screech tore from the owl's throat. His body spasmed into awareness. Was there danger!? For a brief period of time he was at a complete loss. He knew not whether to drop the Royal Adviser and take up arms against this intruder. Yet before he could do either a bright flash of light encompassed the whole of the chambers and not even a heartbeat after the owl now in human form stood against him looking frightened into Lien Tao's features.

A single brow lifted in confusion...was she not the one earlier taken by the lycans? "You...I had wondered where you disappeared off too." He stated abruptly just as Daemon's order snapped in his ears. "Yeah...yeah! I'm on my way..." He flared acerbically in response then slammed open the door and moved through still careful of his precious cargo. Taking the steps up two at a time he moved quickly. "What do you think I plan to do?" He answered Avinwyn. "I'm going to lie her down....but not on the damned floor woman! Now quit your simpering and try to be of assistance." His chin lifted to point in the direction of the stair's landing. "Her apartments lie above...fifth door to the left. I suggest you head up before me and ready her bed." How in the hells did he get stuck playing nursemaid after the day he had..."Now go!"
    Admin
    Admin

~The Dark Lords arms remained tightly wrapped around Fayte as he acknowledged the alerts coming from various parts of the castle and beyond...much had happened within the turning of the sun...much too much triggered by the deity's ultimate return. Carefully he rechecked the confinement of the newly changed lycan...giving a final boost to the magics holding him within the cage before returning the image of himself back to the original. What needed to be done would require his entire focus...leaving no room for a secondary self to be vulnerablly placed elsewhere.

Gently he began to whisper words of comfort...his hands soothing her hair before gathering his will. Carefully his mind began to stretch toward each member of the Empire...from the simplest servent to the Empress herself...from the demon's fighting in the hall...to the lycan in his cell...even to the other deity's wandering the grounds...all were touched in turn. With his mastery in psionics coupled with the godhood...Roan's will would assert itself in each individual...it would over ride any and all emotions felt at the time causing them to feel a heavy exhaustion that would require them to fall into a deep sleep.~

My beloved children...you have endured much this day...sleep. Sleep that you may regain your strength...that you may find your way in the darkness...that you may know that just as the day dawns anew so too does the understanding to all problems...

~Tenderly he would whisper to each as they began to find their slumber...altering his will that each could not resist but that they would not be overwhelmed. It was not until he was assured that all had fallen into peaceful slumber that the greater deity would begin to retract his mind from the individual...returning his full attentions back to Fayte.~

((OOC: Just a note that I have done this post to help end this day. It came to my attention that so much had happened within the day...lol...so I thought Roan could give a bit of a hand. Thus marks the end of this day...and with the waking of your character the new day begins...))
    Admin
    Admin

As a silent sentinel the events were observed in their unveiling. One by one each entry within the room had been addressed then summarily discharged that those who ruled the lands may attend to their own. A spectral bow of the head would be offered as assent to the requests for departure however the Grand Master would await the final foot falls of the Homestones royalty. Pupiless orbs would then scan the room one last time while the ghostly form receded to the as yet closed door.

Should protocol have been maintained a guard would have opened the twin doors allowing those within to depart. Said protocol however would have to remain unanswered as a spell of slumber had begun to weave its magic’s over the lands. Had he been within human bonds even the Grand Master would have succumbed to such a godly will. Even so the misty form felt the weight of it press upon him as surely as any other within the castles confines. Thus it was that the spectre would forgo the wait choosing to simply move through the doors themselves to the outer hall.

It was there that the return of Mistress Ayla was witnessed. Facial features would soften as they looked down upon her slumbering form pleased to see that she had chosen to lend her expertise to this budding new Homestone. A brief observation of the surroundings would ensure that all within had found their slumber be it where they had been previously resting or perhaps within the sanctity of their own chambers. Even the guards upon the door had leaned heavy upon their pole arms just before sliding to the floor.

Having been given the charge of protector teacher to those who wished to serve the Grand Master could not leave any unsecured. As there were none to assist nor would the knowledge of the home allow an accurate finding of the Slave Quarters the only option was clear. Sidling behind the slumbering girl along with the resting guards placing himself between the bodies and the wall. Here a cowled head would bow while transparent lids would close bringing about a state of meditative slumber as the arrival of the new day was awaited.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Feet sprinted over landscape and arms pumped rhythmically. Heart beat at a calm pace and lungs drew deep. He ran over the distance separating him from the castle garden's having returned the dagger to its place in the small of his back. Anger rose in heated waves at the loss of the woman but he knew that there would be another time and place. He would make sure of it if it was the last thing he ever did. Steele grey sphere caught sight of the outer garden wall and hands outstretched catching hold of unseen chinks in the stone. Artfully he would scale the wall as if he were simply floating up the side. Once on top he would pause to scan the area below for any others who may have been idly passing their time there. Demonic eye found heat signatures in an adjacent garden and steel grey sphere saw the rubble explode over the grounds. Knees bent into a crouch and right hand held to stone. Muscles coiled preparing to spring and left hand reached back for dagger hilt. He would wait to see how the fight would progress. He did not get involved in matters that did not relate directly to him and depending on the path they chose he would find his own way to the designated meet. Silent as stone he perched seeing Daemon redirect the movement of his fall crashing into the dungeon wall instead. Not waiting for Kaden he would drop down moving along the shadows to the outer entrance of the throne room.

Fear almost instantly turned to relief as her mate attempted a redirection of the Balrog's destructive path. She took a moment to thank Roan before turning away from the familiar battle between the brothers. It was not in her power nor at this moment in her will to try and stop them...for now other things plagued her. Not to mention the fact that Roblen had responded to her call. The heat of his acknowledgement still lingered upon the dirk's long hilt.

With a curse she moved back into the interior of her rooms. It took no more than a conjuring of a thin ice sheet to layer over the now smoldering inferno that once had been her bed, to put out the blaze. I swear...that's the last thing of mine they ever destroy again...Not wasting another moment Amelee slipped off her robe and dressed quickly back into her earlier discarded leathers. Taking up her beloved Shobu Katana she buckled it within its usual place nestled within its ivory sheath at her back, then slid the dirk into its holster slung low on her thigh. She did not carry her usual arsenal too strapped for time to worried about wasted moments for the placement of her weapons...nor did she really need them where she was going.

A worried frown marred the smoothness of her brow...perhaps she was too hasty in summoning Roblen. What would she tell him any way’s? Hey...guess what! You're my brother...Roan said so! Well actually he said I had a brother that was closer then I could imagine...but did not say who it actually was. I know it’s you though...isn't that grand! By the gods...he would kill her.

She took a deep breath then another before sliding the heavy bolt on the passage door that lead directly down into the council chambers. Thin pale digits slid one last time through heavy ebon locks as she paused at the door. She really should have gone to Lien Tao...but truth be told if what Roan said was true then her dear grandmother, mentor and friend would be caught up in her own quandary. There is nothing I can physically do until she wakes. With one last sigh of frustration she straightened her back and slid the heavy wooden panel to the side thus entering the council room.

The room was cast in long shadows given light only by the high arched pillars openings to the garden. Demonic orb searched the room and steele grey sphere adjusted to the light. Curtain of long dark locks hung over set features and feet began to pace the room. She had not yet arrived and there were no others to disturb them within this room. He found himself fighting the urge to hunt down the female he was sure had been deposited back within these walls. There had to be a damn good reason for Amelee to have summoned him. That fact alone kept him to this very room until she would at least fill him in on what the purpose of the meeting was. Once that had been reveled then he would return to his previous task. Feet whispered back again along the length of the wall reaching a darkened corner. Back fit to wall and left knee bent placing foot flat on wall. Right hand reached into pouch on belt removing tobacco rolled in thin paper. Left hand removed small tinder box striking the spark to light the paper. Lungs drew deep causing the tip to glow then exhaled cherry scented tobacco into the room.

Amelee slid the wall door shut behind her and replaced the heavy tapestry that hid its location. The pleasant scent of sweet cherry tobacco reached her nostrils before catching sight of Roblen leaning against the far wall. She paused for a moment as silver spheres attempted to appraise his mood. Through posture alone she could tell something was bothering him...which of course did not sit well with her...not one bit. Regret coursed through her once again before she snapped it in the ass and forcefully set it far back into her mind. "You know...smoking is bad for you." she stated calmly as she moved towards the long table. Such a phrase was stated through the many years she had known and worked with Roblen...almost to the point it was her expected greeting to him. Pulling out a chair she sat then and took up a small glass pouring herself some water. Of course she had no intention drinking it...but she needed something to do...to fill that moment’s worth of time while she thought on what to say.

“Is that why you summoned me?” The voice was deadly quiet, smoke working through the words to spill into the room. Right hand lifted paper rolled tobacco to lips and lungs drew deep. Back remained against the wall and left thumb tucked into belt. His mind was pushing back the thoughts of the other in order to focus on what she had to say. She was clearly stalling so whatever it was; while not life threatening was important. Eyes narrowed and features remained unreadable. He held his place offering no further word or deed.

Eyes downcast she watched him through the cover of dark lashes. He hid whatever it was that bothered him well. Even his tone though quiet and void of all emotion did not give away a single clue. Her lips parted before snapping shut seconds later. No...she would not pry not now...though it was a relief his annoyance was not directed towards her...yet. The grip on the glass tightened until she feared of shattering within her hands. "Well...I would think not..." she answered his question quickly standing at the same time. Lifting the drink to her lips she tipped it high taking the draught of water in two swallows then set the glass back on the tabletop. Damn me...Her words seemed to tangle in her thoughts as she tried to get them out. She was still not sure what she wanted or why she had chosen now. Perhaps it was to get her mind off of Lien Tao, but then to do that she could have occupied herself by jumping into the wild fray that consumed her mate and brother-in-law. Yeah, and die horribly in the process. "Okay I hope your patience precedes your frustration." Her hand lifted to once again run through her hair before setting back down to rest lightly upon the dirk's hilt. The thumb of her other hand hooked casually through a wide belt loop as she leaned a hip against the table's edge. "I have been given some disturbing news today...obviously you can see how it affected me." Cold silver spheres lifted locking on to his own crimson and steel gray. "Tell me...what do you see when you look at me...not at me physically but delve deeper past my physical body..and tell me." A pause was given as she kept her gaze on him. "If you can that is..." she challenged before allowing her words to fall quiet allowing the long silence to once again fill the hall.

Brows furrowed deeply and head tilted a fraction of an inch. Left foot pushed off wall and thumb fit under butt of smoke flicking it onto the floor. Feet whispered over marble and legs lengthened into long strides. He stopped a foot away just within the comfort zone. Demonic eye began to scan seeking out any special gifts or abilities and steel grey sphere fixed within her gaze. Right hand reached up running fingers through curtain of long dark locks and pulling them away from his face. He would stand there for what seemed like hours. His body showed no exertions and his features belayed not a trace of emotion. A small line between his brows deepens as his concentration focused fully. His mind began to take inventory of all he knew about her and all that they had experienced together. He had always taken note that there were many similarities between them. It had been passed off as part of what they were and the way they looked at life. He would then look deeper finding smaller things to compare and found that there were in fact more similarities than differences. “Tell me.” He had always been a man of few words. Now was no exception as his patience had already been taken far beyond its limits.

Amelee stood patiently enduring the glare of his demonic eye while he delved deep looking within her. Her own eyes remained focused upon his features noting every little detail. The fineness of his features so different yet still so much in likeness to her own. She had always felt, it the sameness...a closeness that connected them. Even though they did not share the same blood...still they had once shared the same womb. She had felt the same connection with Lien Tao on so many occasions yet the great lady would come and go from the Empire at will. And the time of her absence Amelee would put the thoughts and feelings from her mind. Yet with Roblen she could not for they were always together or at least near enough to each other, due to their constant training together or in attendance with their students. A deep breath was taken in then slowly exhaled as his gaze once again found her own. The words that followed were straight forward and to the point...leaving no room for questions between them. "I have thought long and hard on how to say it..and say it in a way you would believe my words and see exactly what I see." Her head shook slowly from side to side. "There are no words I can say. I've got to show you....show you exactly what I was told. You must see that the one who started this now suffers greatly for this secret she whispered." Tilting her head to the side she unhooked her thumb from the belt loop and held her hand out palm up. "We have lived a long time fully trusting in each other...and with such competence in each other we have never once strayed or faltered. I will not mislead you...will you trust me now and allow me to show you?"

Jaw muscles clenched and head jerked back a fraction of an inch. Eyes narrowed and strands of hair fell forward creating a curtain over his features. He had hated anything to do with mind control or games. There were those he once trusted who had violated that trust by taking things from his mind without permission. Now Amelee stood before him asking him to entrust her with the very thing he had been betrayed by in the past. Muscles became ridged and feet widened to shoulder width apart. “You know how I feel.” He had never hidden the fact he despised such a thing but she, unlike most, knew the exact reasons why. He would stand there his stare an icy touch. Slowly his hand would rise moving to an inch from her raised palm. “I will give you this one chance.” Teeth ground and jaw clenched. Right hand moved forward and fingers aligned to her own. She knew the consequences should she betray him. Death would be a simple thing. A life completely void of his presence would be assured.

Pale flesh contrasted starkly against his own olive tones as tapered digits closed lightly around his fingers. "I would never betray you..." She whispered before closing her eyes and concentrating calling upon the memory of Lien Tao and Roan. The images came slowly at first trickling into her mind before forming full solid reflections of those moments within this very council chamber and later in her private chambers. The effort cost as she was not fully trained in the use of telepathy nor was her gift all that preeminent as compared to others. Already the strain drew a dull throb to rock against each temple. Without wasting another moment she fed the images to him one moment at a time.

Amelee stood with Lien Tao just beyond the archway leading into the Council Chambers. The garden's breeze blew cool wisps of air heavily scented with cherry blossoms to flow around those who stood near. There had been something sinister going on around them yet the Empress's attention focused fully upon her trusted advisor. Lien Tao's timeless gaze became distant as she looked beyond the garden walls. Her words were whispered that only the Empress may hear but there was an obscure urgency in its message. The Lady's first words we no more than a blur as if hearing them from underwater. But as they went on the obscurity faded and the tone became clear and precise. "There is more Amelee. Heed my words for they shall not be repeated. What I tell you now is forbidden but I deem you worthy of its knowledge. All you have believed to know shall be undone. A false brother born is not blood of thy blood but a thief called to assassinate. In truth thy true blood lives and even now remains as close as the fates original design."

The image faded as Lien Tao fell to the ground at first it seemed as if the Advisor succumbed to fatigue and fainted dead away. Yet in truth, and now Amelee fully understood, Lien Tao was called away to pay the price of her wrong doing. Pale digits tightened slightly against their hold upon Roblen's before relaxing once again. The images faltered and almost faded completely before flooding back within her mind in a myriad rush.

The Empress stood upon her balcony gazing out upon the quiet solitude of her private sanctuary below. She spoke to another yet her lips did not move, the voice came from within her mind as the other's presence surrounded her. Yet the speaker was not to be seen...only heard. As before the words were unintelligible for long moments before finally coming into sharp clarity. "‘The woman you know as Lien Tao has gone by many names throughout the millennia…it is however not her given name. She is in fact one of the three sisters known as the Fates…they have been since the beginning of time itself…weaving a mixture of their own will coupled with that of the gods…heralds to some…judges to others…executioners to still more. God and man alike must bow to their words…" Amelee's features whitened in shock but before she could react the voice continued. "When she spoke to you…delivering her cryptic message…she broke all the ancient rules forged long ago…she took matters within her own hands to give you those few words…now…she is paying the price…and will soon be sentenced…When you were conceived you were in fact a twin…Lac was not that twin…it was in fact another… Lac stole the soul of your original twin…taking over the body and pouring his own toxic essence within that child. The Fates deemed that your original twin should not end in such a way but should in fact live…as they could not change the destiny of Lac by removing him from the body he had claimed..they… more to the point Lien Tao…rescued your brothers soul and placed it within another’s newly conceived womb…Lac is not now…nor ever was your twin or even your blood Amelee… Your true twin is alive and far closer then you could ever imagine…"

The images ended then abruptly. Releasing his hand she fell back into the chair overwhelmed and exhausted. Trembling hands lifted to cup her features and smooth overly cool fingertips against the throbbing of her temples. "Do you understand?...Do you see what I see?" Shimmering silver depths lifted to gaze into his own. "I don't need to be told his name...because I already know." Her head fell then resting her forehead against the table's edge. "I know the concept is hard to believe...it’s almost unimaginable. I don't blame you if you want to scorn me for bringing this to your attention. But with what I suspected...I felt you had the right to know...even though you don't believe..."

Fingers tightened and hands clasped tightly. Lids lowered and mind opened to the images and words. Heart thundered and breath quickened. All the similarities he had passed off throughout their time together began falling into place. One by one the pieces began falling into place until the picture was fully revealed. Fingers released and left foot retreated. Lids shot open and steele grey sphere stared down at her. Demonic eye shifted to the shadows.

~Deep within the darkened plane a figure took shape stepping to its edge…at 8’9” tall the fame could not be mistaken for any other. Stepping forward the shadows began melding away from the greater deity…milky orbs flashed…long locks of white flowed back…arms crossed over the broad expanse of his bare chest…the Dark Lord had arrived.~

She speaks the truth…while you may not trust in me…your trust in her has never faltered. Two have paid a high price this day to bring you such a closely guarded secret…will you mock them… Think of me what you will…hate me if you must…but do not take any more from your twin then has already been taken…

~The honeyed barritone of his voice carried through the chamber echoing off the walls…he would deliver the confirmation Amelee had asked for. Closing the gap…Roan’s hand would come to rest on her shoulder…it would last but a few seconds but in that act a measure of strength would be returned. ‘You are correct my daughter…Roblen is your ill fated twin… I will leave you now…should you need me further I will be but a thought away…’

As silently as he had come…the greater deity would return to the shadows…along the long tendrils to wind around him as he stood behind the Empress. His gaze would remained fully focused upon Roblen until he was taken from view yet even after he was no longer seen…the weight of his stare could still be felt~

Muscles tightened and fingers curled to fists. Lip curled into a sneer and features twisted in hate. He would listen to his enemy’s words knowing in his heart that no matter how much he may hate the god he could not deny the validity. Feet closed the gap and knees bent into a crouch a foot away from Amelee. Steele grey sphere looked at her and lips parted. “Sister,” it was a question and a statement all in one. He was riddled with questions and shocked by the possibility. “I have never had,” he could not continue for the squeezing in his throat. He had never had family. All his life had been spent alone. He had lived this way so long he did not know how to react.

Silvery orbs slid away from Roblens features...she was so used to seeing him masked behind a cold expressionless wall. And with the many emotions now flickering across his features she felt as if she were prying in someplace she shouldn't have been. Although, such was not her only problem as she awaited his acceptance of this truth or his denial. The silence lasted from what seemed to her like ages. So much so that she was actually startled when the greater deity's honeyed tones roused her from the depths of her thoughts. Her head lifted from the table and she shifted to gaze high upon the approaching figure. Without thought her hand moved out again as cool fingers closed lightly around Roblens wrist. She knew the deep abiding enmity that lived between the two and when the Dark Lord made an appearance, Roblen would follow by vacating the premises usually for weeks at a time. "Stay..." she whispered imploringly just below her breath afraid that he would vanish out of habit alone.

Roan's words continued and frigid orbs shifted to watch Roblen. She had not expected this...she had no idea the dark lord would so quickly accede to her wishes. In truth she did not need him to state the obvious for she herself had always felt that connection between herself and Roblen. She did not know what it was nor what it entailed...until Lady Tao went against everything she was and had ever been by gifting her granddaughter with such knowledge. A deep sigh moved past parted lips as a heavy weight set upon her shoulder. The tension, exhaustion, and almost overwhelming headache faded in an instant, yet still she felt no relief.

Lengthy moments passed before Amelee realized the dark lord's presence was no longer felt and the hall was once again silent for all but the master assassin’s harsh breath. Silvery orbs opened in surprise having not realized she even closed them. Roblen...her brother was close...closer than he had ever been, outside of the training arena, without trying to take her head off. Cool fingers still gripped around his wrist and she squeezed gently in reassurance, yet his words were her own undoing. Liquid shimmered within the depths of her eyes and she turned away ashamed. This would be the second time today. Assassins do not weep...especially before each other. She thought fiercely yet to no avail as the first tear slipped silently from the corner of her eye. I am not an emotional wreck! It’s because I'm pregnant...yes that’s got to be it.

A calming breath was taken in then slowly released. "On one hand...I curse these fates. Cruel cruel creatures they are for allowing me to think for so damn long that, that creature was my twin...my brother. When all along he was right here with me." her voice was low the tone deadly with her abstraction of them. "Yet on the other I would thank them with everything that I am capable of giving for saving you." The deadly tone eased then softened in wonder as her gaze once again found his. Cool fingers lifted to brush against the ridge of scarring upon his cheek. "The question is what do we do now?"

Lids lowered and head turned into touch. Features softened and mind worked to accept the new truth. All of this was overwhelming but it was not the first time he had been given difficult news. The first had come from the betrayal of his first wife followed closely by the murder of his unborn son. This had been only the beginning and it had taught him to be ready for anything. He had learned to detatch himself from everything and anyone who would attempt a closeness. There had been acceptions but aside from a handful who had proven themselves there were none in his life worthy of his loyalty. It was a lonely existance but one he had come to embrace. Now after a lifetime of remaining in the dark it is at last revealed that he does not have to be alone. The woman before him now was in fact his sister.

Right hand lifted and fingers curled around the hand stroking his scar. Lids rose and steele grey sphere looked into her eyes. "We wait, for now. We keep what we know to ourselves until we are able to talk to Lady Tao. It is enough that we know the truth. When the time is right and it is safe for you everyone will know." Head turned and lips brushed her wrist at the pulse. Arms opened and encircled her in a fierce embrace. In this moment of deepest privacy they deserved a moment that was only theirs to share.
    Admin
    Admin

Arms tightened around Roblen's waist as Amelee gave a final squeeze before ending their embrace. A slow grin spread across her features as for no more then a few heartbeats her cheek rested against his chest then too parted as she took a single step back. How odd this felt to her, both holding and being held by this master assassin. Her twin...in spirit. Always they had kept their distance acting in the manner of their given professions, except of course when attempting to best each other within the training arena. "I must say...I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get used to this..." A teasing wink was flashed as the Empress gazed into his own gray sphere. "But I'll do my damnedest!"

The smile slowly faded as her hand moved upwards to again caress against a heavily scarred cheek. So much he had been through, so many deceptions through all the years and she had not been there for him. Smooth flesh between her brows knotted slightly into a semblance of irritation. Well...she was here now, and no one would dare to cross him with her at his side. Amelee felt as if she were a big sister seeking only to protect her little brother...which brought on yet another thought and the frown deepened. Roblen would have been the elder...for his body, the body that Lac stole, was delivered from the womb first.

Such a meaning was of great significance, yet for now she held the knowledge within her. First they would speak to Lady Tao and see what their grandmother had to say with the whole sordid matter. Without a doubt the truth would be told to her brother...yet she would allow the great lady to do the final telling. "Come...we must find Lien Tao and make sure all is well with her. It was from her quarters below my own where Damon and Kaden burst through my floor from. Yes....they were fighting again" she would answer his unspoken question before turning on her heel and heading towards then out the main chamber doors.

~ Continued in Castle Main ~
    Admin
    Admin

Arms embraced and fingers clutched her leathers. Lids lowered and jaw set below curtain of long dark locks. The acceptance and giving of touch was foreign. It had been years since he had opened himself enough to another to trust them to be this close. While he could not say it was not desired he was unsure if it would ever be second nature. She had been a part of his life for what felt like an eternity and he had always felt a kinship to her. This however went beyond and would take time.

Body pulled back and arms relaxed. Fingers released and slipped to her waist. Silver sphere focused on her features and demonic orb scanned the area for possible threat. He saw her hand rise and allowed the touch of his features. He found himself fighting out of instinct but at the same time, deep down, actually wanting it. Brows knit matching her own wanting to know what she was thinking but unwilling to ask.

Head nodded and hands released. Feet whispered over stone floor and muscles loosened ready for any attack. He agreed that they needed more answers; ones only Lien Tao could give. He also knew that the Elder brother's fighting would turn far more deadly then anything the twins could contrive. Keeping his body prepared he would be ready for anything.

-Continued in Castle Main-

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content