EternalEmpire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EternalEmpire

no description

Resident's Chambers

Admin
    Admin

Resident's Chambers - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident's Chambers

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Vanyel simply stood there with sadistic grin displaying on his features. Van could feel the new energy fill his form as the fool before him fueled his anger. It wasn't the words that bit him but more of the fact that he was dodging his question. "You'll have to pardon me for offending you, I didn't realize the refinement standards were set so high these days, for farm boys." Van would have continued but his eyes caught the form of the woman rounding the corner. It only took his a moment to recognize the resemblance to his brother and only one name came to mind. Theadra. He would stay quite for now, letting her pass and hoping she would not interfere with what could be fun. Seeing the spark caused Van to chuckle, indeed this was Riva's child. Taking a couple of moments to sheath his sword and place it at his side. Hoping to capitalize on the unexpected distraction Vanyel would rush in and attempt to grab the worm by the back of his neck.

"Now, let me clarify one thing." Vanyel said leaning his head down next to Christian's ear, again speaking in that venomous hiss. "No matter how you pris and prance around these grounds, but just because my brother sired you makes you nothing more than sustenance to me. Now if I were you I'd rid myself of this delusion of grandeur before I have to rip out your jaw. Now I am not one to make idle threats. So give me the information before I carve you like a beast and feast upon your flesh." Vanyel smirked at the flurry of images in his mind. "Make your choice, but make it wisely."
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:12 pm

“Pooh looked at his two paws. He knew that one of them was the right, and he knew that when you had decided which one of them was the right, then the other was the left, but he never could remember how to begin”
    - Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne.

Patiently Cedric waited, pressed casually against the door frame with knuckles poised against the door after the knock. Usually never far away from his charge and certainly never gone for longer than stated on the friendly signs he left for passersby he was worried, but refused to leave without seeing to the welfare of his oldest friend and his wonderful daughter. They had met the night Cedric had arrived, applying for the job of Keeper for the Tomes, another flashy title that simply meant Librarian. Nicholas and Cedric’s accidental acquaintance grew quickly and after twenty years evolved into something deeper, friendship.

Hearing shuffling Cedric straightened to his full height and placed both hands clasped in front of him in silent thought until the door was clicked open. “Oh thank the gods, Nicky...” the exasperated sigh that followed those words clearly illustrated the mage’s distress. Nicky was not hurt, looking not a day older than he did the first time they met. Cedric however had aged well, fine lines creasing his eyes and lips when he laughed and light brown hair dusted with the first sprinklings of grey. He slipped into the room and instantly turned to face his friend, long robes sweeping the ground in whispers as he stood there in front of him, worry written plainly on his face. “I saw everything.” He began “Leo, Maybelle, Darren, you...” From his vantage point in the library with windows spanning the entire countryside, the entire Empire, Cedric had witnessed everything that brought him to Nicky’s door, including the deep foreboding feeling Lac possessed even without his full ascent to this realm. “What on earth happened down there, Nicky?! The screams, gods I didn’t know what to think...” Suddenly he realised Maybelle must have been in her room and sensing his voice rising to heights that were uncharacteristic of this soft-spoken man, Cedric cleared his throat and shook his head slightly. May. That little angelic blonde thing that was permanently attached to her mother’s hip when she wasn’t causing mischief had all grown up. The man thought back, reaching his mind into the past to pluck out the moment friendship had kindled between those two. He had produced an apple out of thin air and given it to her. A gift. Cedric smiled faintly before leaning forward to implore gently “Is she alright?” he asked, that small furrow knitting his brows once again. “And lastly Nicky...” a hand was placed warmly upon his friend’s shoulder “Is there anything I can do?”
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Expect the unexpected. Yet another of my Sire's lessons he had spent centuries drilling within me until it came as natural as the air filling my lungs. One moment I was alone with this throw back to the Neanderthal era the next a small crowd had begun to gather. The unwanted guest of honor of course being Theadra herself.

I continued to feed these new revelations just as I had been since departing the library doors remaining in full awareness of his wishes on the matter. Damphiric senses fully heightened caused all around me to slow down until time itself crawled at my leisure. I was able to turn with the woman as she began to pass me keeping her always before me and halting with my body nearly parallel to the opposite wall. I watched as the spark left her hand landing in the hem of my long coat and easily catching into a single cheerful flame. I then heard the voice of the woman who had so familiarly called my name within the main hall. Without turning my head to look I could tell by the echo she had placed herself in the outer hall out of the line of fire. The third to arrive however, a female completely unknown to me, had actually entered the hallway though remained at the juncture. After making note my focus again returned to Vanyel and the knowledge that he would attempt to take advantage of this recent turn of events.

Even as his sword met its sheath my hands moved to the front of my long coat elevating it on the back of my neck. By the time he arrived attempting to clasp my neck my head had already moved forward giving him a rather large handful of said coat. This done I simply shrugged out of the offending article leaving him with naught but a fiery remnant. Hearing my Sire's command I took a single step forward leaning forward in an attempt to effortlessly lift Theadra over my right shoulder before fluidly turning toward the hall where the other two had placed themselves. Upon reaching the female Ceci my free hand would attempt to grasp her right upper arm and pull her back around the corner I even now was rounding. Using my gift of damphiric speed my actions would flow seamlessly and in such a blur that should I have successfully attained both female's we would be out of sight before my empty coat had time to sway in Vanyel's hand.
    Admin
    Admin

The chaining and securing of the grotesque abomination, that once had been the son of Leonidas, took no more then a few moments of his precious time. Had it not been for the bold appeal of the Dark Lord himself, Dante would have long disposed of this creature and it's father who had stood in his way. The heavy cell door snapped with a finalized click as the lock moved into place making well and sure the beast was fastidiously caged. Even though he was not fully happy with the situation he was at least somewhat satisfied that the nuisance was restrained. Stepping back Dante stood within the shadows. Fiery vermilion depths stayed focused on little Leo's writhing mass as the death of his mortality ensued. The scent of the boy's churning vitae as the substance metamorphosed from human essence into lycan seemed to overpower all as the pungent stench permeated completely what little air sufficed within the dungeon's vicinity, the Demon backed further away as if the odor was no more then an affront.

"Do not fight the change boy...for in the end you will have dealt with less pain then you had first started with." His lips pursed tightly at the thought of Lac. Perhaps had it not been for the very fact that his own father Lac, whom he despised above all else, had cursed this boy with the lycanthrope affliction, Dante might have been a little less compelled to destroy it's very existence. He had sensed rather then seen Roan's return into the dungeons. The Dark Lord had stepped out in order to retrieve the abominations father yet the man was not to be found. The fullness of his lips curbed ever so slightly in thought. Perhaps it was best the General did not witness the first in many of the physical changes that would forever afflict his precious boy child.

Speaking of boy child...a groan borne of complete irritation rumbled within the depths of his chest. He had earlier allowed his young protege, one named Christian, a small interlude of time that he would be able to call his own. Yet the boy thought it proper to mentally feed every aspect of his free moment to his Sire. So it was there the surprise now written momentarily on Dante's features when Christian had come across his brother Vanyel. How? Their last meeting had been nigh on twenty years and even that had resulted in a physical exchange between the siblings. The diminutive smile turned into an enraged sneer. Both Fayte and Vanyel under the same roof as himself, how could this be?

The inner deliberation plaguing him came to a sudden halt as Theadra's image came into view, shown to him through Christians inner perceptions. The willful girl! He snapped to himself as she had moved between a forceful yet worded altercation between both Van and Christian. Had it not been the feeling of alarm that had overcome him as she unknowingly placed herself in harms way, Dante would have coveted a chuckle as the temper, inherited from her mother of course, caused a spark to ignite Christian's coat.

Twin incandescent orbs quickly flicked towards the Dark Lord. "There is a matter that had been called to my attention...I must attend to it for the moment. I shall return shortly if you so wish it, my Lord." His tone ground out harshly reverberating over the damp stone walls, a mental command would follow slamming within Christian's mind. I do not care how you do it...but get Theadra back and away! Do it now. In the short time he took to speak with the boy, Dante had summoned the vertiginous gate that led directly into the shadowplane and stepped within.

No more then a heartbeat later he stood in the same spot his young protege had speedily evacuated. He grinned at the sight of his brother after so many years, drawing back his lips over lengthy serrations. His features were inches from Vans own making the venomous worded hiss the man spat out land directly within his own ears. "Sustenance?" A raven brow would lift causing his aristocratically sculpted features to lift in haughty demeanor. "Well...I don't think you shall be ripping off anyone's jaw much less my...how did you call him...lapdog? Not this day at least." He stated in a matter of fact manner as aciculated clawed digits motioned towards the area of the stairwell where the boy and his daughter had moved out of sight.

Lifting his hand, thumb and forefinger pinched against the tight line of his jaw as he took a moment to think. The single ruby adorning the only ring upon his finger flashed brightly enhanced by the harsh light of the wall brazier. "I would suggest just this one time of course..." Fiery vermilion depths narrowed as the Demon contemplated the image of his brother before him. "That in the future you refrain from laying a single hand upon that which belongs to me." A single step was taken back in order to give himself space, the surrounding stench of Van was almost as suffocating as the abomination chained within the dungeons. "If you seek to do so again brother...I would be overly glad to relieve you of those offending appendages." As well he would not allow the man to move around his form in order to get to the stairwell if this is where Christian had deposited his precious Thea...until of course she was safely away. "Now, what is this thing...this information you so seek?"
    Admin
    Admin

Time did indeed seem to pass slowly. The lock of eyes as she walked past, heels clapping the ground in her wake and the light hint of a playful, yet smug smile curling her lips as dainty fingers lifted to release a mischievous tongue of flame to dance along Christian’s coat before catching a light. She wanted to see surprise on his face; the satisfaction of a revenge well done, served hot and smouldering from itchy fingers. Instead she got nothing

Theadra faltered as Trinity’s voice echoed down the stairwell, but as the voice registered, it was already too late. By the time she looked back at the result of her little dance with the devil Christian was already moving, the coat lifting from his shoulders to thrust into Vanyel’s face. Theadra would have said something, gasped perhaps or tried to stop her uncle’s impulsive behaviour if Cecilia’s arrival of embarrassing questions did not leave the young woman’s jaw agape with colour rushing to her cheeks “Ceci!!” she remarked, the shout quickly stifled as the air was pushed out of her lungs. Theadra let out a startled yelp as suddenly, the world was upside down.

“Christian...? Christian!” she shrieked, realising the cause of why her head was closer to the ground than previously expected. Christian had hoisted her in a fireman’s hold...no, a caveman’s hold. The barbarian! The cheek of this little bloodsucker! His arm was holding her thighs, under her rear and over the top of her dress to keep whatever decency the young woman had left, but the fact that her behind was still held proudly to the air, perfectly poised for a well aimed smack was not appreciated. “Put me down this instant!” she yelled as her head bobbed this way and that, blood rushing to her head, flushing her cheeks and long platinum white hair skimming the ground. A primal growl animated from deep in her throat, and suddenly the little spitfire turned into a feral animal “You brute!” she had begun to kick at him, legs flailing and arms batting at his rear, aiming for the kidneys “ I swear if you don’t put me down right now I’ll-...” She felt the presence of another beside her kidnapper “Ceci? Ceci! Is that you? Hit him! Smack him so he’ll let go!” Now this was too much. First he manhandled her without making physical contact and now he was going all out dragging her off like plunder.

She tried to ignore the way his agile yet powerful legs carried them so effortlessly away from danger and the fact that his arm felt strong and secure around her lithe form-...
    That was not the point! The point was that this arrogant, four-eyed monster actually grabbed and succeeded at taking Theadra away. One blow to the ego was more than enough for one day - but two? Despicable.
    Admin
    Admin

Leonidas would watch his wife as she moved about in preparation then offered her apology before attempting to treat his wounds. He would reach out to glide the tips of his fingers along her jaw before nodding. "Do what you can my love." His eyes would then close and his head fall back waiting. Her touch was loving but firm as she began to care for the numerous injuries he had attend. Leonidas schooled his features to show little if any signs of pain. She was under enough stress as it was he would not wish to add more needlessly.

It was just as she was finishing that the familiar form of the Dark Lord appeared within their doorway. Years had passed since they had seen him but Roan had not aged a single day. Leonidas began to rise only to be summarily ordered to sit with a single mental command. He would listen as the deity spoke nodding even as his fist came to thud on his bare chest in the time honored tradition of the Shadowknights.

As the Dark Lord departed Leonidas's full attention would return to his wife. Leaning forward his hands would seek her own drawing each to his lips that he may place a kiss to each perfect fingertip. "Thank you," his eyes would fix upon her own in unspoken words of love and devotion. "Now you will allow me to care for you as you have cared for me. Come," slowly he would come to his feet, "let us check on our daughter. Then it is your time."
    Admin
    Admin

My next words were cut off completely with a soundless gasp as realization hit me. It was not Christian and Theadra that were having words with each other. Not at first anyways...but instead Vanyel was in attendance. The confrontation was in fact between them. This was not good! But then why was Thea here? Was she taking her uncles side in this altercation? The questions roiled through my mind unanswered yet I kept myself in place at the bend of the stairwell. I felt as if I were glued to this spot as the encompassing emotions within the hall shuffled chaotically within my mind.

It was then that anothers words snapped into my mind so forcefully that for the slightest second I thought the order had been directed to me alone. I do not care how you do it...but get Theadra back and away! Do it now. With that I had lifted my foot to the stair's landing prepared to move around the corner putting myself in view of the others. "Theadra I think you had better come back...HEY!" I began to say before almost being plowed down by Christian as he moved around the corner and past me before stopping just below me.

Spinning around I slammed my back to the wall and gazed upon him my golden eyes blazing. How annoying it was when he moved like that! I could never, all through our years of acquaintanceship, adjust myself to his dhampiric bursts of super human speed. Clamping my lips shut tight I forgo giving him a sound verbal thrashing, deciding instead to administer it at another time. For at this time more important matters were at hand.

From my vantage point I could easily make out an obviously furious, kicking and pounding Thea hanging like a sack of grain over Christians right shoulder. With Ceci on his other side her upper arm firmly grasped in his hand. Well I'll be... Without even trying to I could not only feel but almost taste the irritation roiling in waves off Christian's frame.

I took a moment carefully slipping my head again around the corner a second time. It was Dante standing now in the exact spot Christian had evacuated and Vanyel holding the boys inflamed coat. The father it seemed had come in defense of both his children. The brothers raged, their emotions clashing as their words obviously would almost reminding me of two massive titans battling against each other for supremacy. Damn...damn and triple damn....

Turning away I gazed back towards the others. "Thea sweetie calm down...Christian was only doing that which he was asked to do." Twin golden orbs locked with his own for a quick moment as I recalled Dante's earlier mental bidding towards the boy that obviously almost affected myself as well. My eyes flicked between the three of them only at last to rest upon Ceci giving her a small embarrassed smile. "Hello....nice first impressions huh? Everything else you've seen here aside...welcome to Eternal." Again I looked towards the frustrated Christian. "Now...is there anything I can do to help?"
    Admin
    Admin

Vanyel let out a sigh of exasperation, letting what once was a coat fall to the floor as his brother appeared before him. It was a surprise for him, he wasn't expecting his brother this soon, though it was not a bad surprise. "Well well, if it isn't the Infernal himself. Don't you think threats are moot between us?" he said with a slight chuckle as he placed his hand on the hilt of his sheathed blade. To most it would appear as an idle gesture, though Van had a feeling his brother would see past the facade and know that he was ready to draw the weapon at a moments notice. "But if you truly care for your little lap dog and don't wish for his jaw to be amputated with sheer force, clean off the bone, polish it and wear it as a necklace, then keep him clear of me." It was amazing. All Van had to do was be in his brother's presence and his new energy would continue to grow. Vanyel kept a calm exterior as internally he would attempt to manipulate and contain this energy, in hopes of learning more.

"What do I want?" he asked as his other hand rested at the place on his chest that once held the very scar his brother gifted him. "It's simple really. Your heart, served on a gold platter. Perhaps your liver on the side, made into a nice pate. With a nice chilled merlot, or warm saki. I have yet to decide." He let out a chuckle that threatened to be become hysterical laughter but was abruptly cut off by a deep sigh. As crimson orbs reached his brother's his features would again be dominated by the glare and hiss that would reflect their father. "Oh, you mean that. I demand an audience with Amelee. You people have done something to me and I shall discover what."
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Had the situation not been of such a sensitive nature Avinwyn would have given the man a through tongue lashing unlike any he had ever known. She was not one to be ordered about however now was not the time. It was also very clear by his actions that he too held a certain fondness for her and though he did not voice it out right she could see his concern. She would push down all the irritation of the day and bite back the sharp retorts eager to be voiced choosing to remain silent.

Avinwyn threaded her way around the man careful to not disturb the as yet unconscious Lien Tao. Crystalline sphere's stole a glance hoping in her own way to acquire an unforeseen answer as to the cause of her current condition. Avinwyn had known the one they knew as Lien Tao through the turn of many seasons but never had she seen her in such a state. A new wave of frustrated concern furrowed her brow as she surged forward sprinting ahead of the two.

Making a sharp turn Avinwyn now entered a lengthy hall. Her progress instantly slowed as she saw the two men squaring off in impending competition. Heated words flowed between them as the tension mounted. Avinwyn would have simply ignored them seeking out the afore mentioned door which would lead to the needed bed chamber. The positioning of the two men however made that impossibility.

As yet she did not have the ability to complete another change. Her strength was minimal at best which would greatly limit the form of such a change as it was. Instead she would remain near the landing outstretching her arms in silent invitation to receive the precious cargo that he may be free to address the problem blocking their path.
    Admin
    Admin

Kaden, General of the famed Shadow Knyghts, General of Roan's Undead Legions, and acting General of the Imperial Guard during Leos absence. Yet....here he was playing as if he were a nursemaid, as if he had nothing else better to do! It was safe to say his irritability level was on a definite high alert and any and all who had eyes within their heads could see how badly he was affected.

Sure he cared deeply about Lady Tao's odd condition and concerned over the fact that she had succumbed to some sort of affliction. But what? The only way they would be able to puzzle this out was to get her to her rooms and in her bed so they might bump heads and think. A quick command was given through the small mental link that connected him through to all the guards within the Castle. The order was to bring a physician and any serving ladies that were familiar in attending the Royal Adviser to her rooms, and to make it quick.

By this time the Lady who had moved off to assist him was long up the stairs and moving down the length of the hallway. Deep cerulean depths momentarily narrowed upon Lien Tao's now pale features. Her skin was cool to the touch but clammy with moisture, her lids fluttered yet stayed sealed...it was as if she fought some inner battle within her own mind. Kaden's steps picked up as he rounded the corner advancing into the hall.

In doing so he was brought up short by the scene before him. Dante and another, who's back was towards him, were having heated words. As if they had every right to be there...this was not even the hall that led to Dante's apartments! But that was not his concern, yet the fact that the bulk of their bodies blocked the only path that led towards the next landing was. Lady Tao needed to get to her thrice damned rooms!

With a growl that rivaled that of his brother Daemon, Kaden plowed forwards relentlessly. As he passed Avinwyn he set the light burden of Tao's unconscious body into her outstretched arms. "Just a moment." He rumbled down at her before raising the deep resonance of his tone. "That would be Empress Amelee to you, kid. Now get your ass out of the way!" Coming upon them he would reach out placing his hand against Vanyel's shoulder in an attempt to shove him back against the wall. If this worked he would release Van before doing the same with Dante, yet with this he succeeded in pushing the Imperial Diplomat's tall frame against the wall in order to clear a path for the Ladies.

With a warning glance at the two men, Kaden gave a single nod to Avinwyn and motioned for her to step through. "A guard will be escorting a healer to Tao's rooms. If you need anything else do not hesitate to ask or just send for me." His cerulean glare flicked from the women back to the two men. "So...what the fuck is the meaning of this?"
    Admin
    Admin

Huh? What in the world? Cecillia had just asked the question when things seemed to happen too quicky for her to catch notice of all of it. The enlightened jacket was off the guy and in the other's hands before too long. Then all she knew is Thea was commenting about hitting the guy who grabbed her. Jestfully as she picked up that he was only being considerate of her safety... A half blind woman and a guy with a temper like the other didn't seem like a good combo. "You know? I normally ask for a drink before being drug off... Thanks though, for getting me away."

Wondering perhaps who that was, and had a feeling it was none of her buisness to ask. Watching a woman approach, then welcome Ceci would nod in return. "Thanks, and don't worry about it. My family has done worse." She had grinned as she realized she was thirsty. "Cecillia Nighthawk." The woman would speak as she had to wonder. "I hope you would pardon me for a bit... Just had a long journey and need to grab a drink and perhaps some food..."

An idea hit her as she reached out to grab Thea, "Lets go grab a drink! Didn't we pass the bar area on the way in? Besides, if you know this place then you could help me not get lost again" She then turned, to head down the stairs, hoping Thea would help ensure she didn't get lost again.
    Admin
    Admin

He thought briefly for a moment as she asked him the question, before he nodded and smoothly said, "Yes... I can play... Not the harp... I can tune... But even the music I play is dictated by one I have no choice but to serve... I rarely stray to play what I like or to make my own music... And if I do... It has to be to her taste..." He didn't exactly go into too much detail as to whom he was referring to, but she might have been able to detect the slightest under current of disdain in his voice.

It was however, quickly displaced as a glimmer of a smile seemed to have wash over her as if the sun was warming her, as he in his cultivated voice replied, "You're very welcome, m'lady... Though..." and in this he paused a few heartbeats as he said, "For all you know, I can be tone deaf and don't know what good music really is, to be able to judge if you can actually play well or not." He was a bit amused, though his compliment really was sincere and never mind that he really did have a vast knowledge about music.

It was then that he realized that something was just a bit off... It wasn't much, but it was like a gut feeling that either something was going to happen, or it had already happened and he really had to go. He didn't want to... but it would be suicidal if he didn't... Thinking of it... He had dwelled a little, but it was just so ingrained in him that he could survive this, can do this in fact... He can hold out a little longer and do whatever this task his mystress wytch wanted him to prove that he was worthy of taking on the next level of his lessons.

He was quiet as he listened to her music, letting it fill him, before he decided it was time to go. Focusing once more, he let his hand brush her shoulder, to get her attention. His hypnotic cultured voice was melodic as he softly said, "Terra... I have to go... Thank you very much for your music and your story. As I have said, you have fulfilled my wish and more. I shall take your warmth back to where I have to be, and just know that I do appreciate it... " There wasn't much he could offer other than words, and yet before he went... Though he was loathed to go... He couldn't help but linger a moment more before he let impulse ride over him, and he placed the barest of a kiss upon the high curve of her cheekbone. His lips smooth, yet pliant and as gentle as a caress like cold silk, as he whispered, "Good bye, Terra. Til we meet again." He would only wait a bit to hear of anything she may have to say, and when he left, she would be able to sense that she was alone.
    Admin
    Admin

Feet whispered over the cold stone floor and finely tuned senses remained alert to all things within a twenty foot radius. Questions flooded an assassins mind and answers were not coming fast enough. Steel grey sphere's scanned beneath long curtain of brown locks and knees bent preparing to spring upward. Two final steps took him around a corner into a rarely used hallway and he jumped upward catching a low ceiling support pulling himself until he could crouch on the beam. He needed answers. Who was she? How did she know his habits? Why was she sent? Was she acting alone or was she taking orders?

Body remained low and feet whispered over the webbing of timber. He threaded his way through the labyrinth keeping all senses focused until she was once more located. Legs sprung and hands clasped vaulting from one stretch of beam to the next. He worked his way silently through the lattice work leading up the stairs to the castle's resident’s chambers. Demonic eye flashed scanning and rescanning her form along with any other she contacted.

Eyes narrowed and head turned observing the confrontation. Working into the juncture where the two halls met he found the darkened corner. Body silently dropped and feet landed shoulder width apart. Black as night leathers blended into the shadowy corner making him invisible to the naked eye. Steele grey sphere's watched the interaction with Christian, Theadra, and the unknown Ceci. Head turned seeing Dante's arrival along with Kaden, Lien Tao, and yet another unknown. Right hand reached into pouch on belt and pulled out thin paper. Left hand reached into pouch on belt retrieving a pinch of cherry infused tobacco and sprinkled it in paper. Fingers deftly rolled paper and lips parted in acceptance. A quick spark from small tender and the end glowed lighting his features for a few seconds. Lips drew deeply and lungs exhaled the scent into the hallway.

Through the brief moments his features were revealed a cold calculating stare would be directly on Trinity. A few seconds would be all any looked would be given. Knees bent and leg muscles coiled. Lips parted releasing the paper rolled tobacco and he sprung upward silently reaching the beams above before it hit the floor.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:15 pm

I executed my Sire's command with perfect accuracy taking both Theadra as well as the woman Ceci around the corner. I stopped a few steps below where Trinity stood letting my unwilling cargo fall to her feet against the wall just as her fists began to pound. Before she could gather her breath to bluster further I brought my features within inches of hers. Both hands clasped her upper arms pressing her firmly against the cool stones.

"For once," it took a great deal of self control to keep my irritation in check and my fingers adjusted one my one in the continued attempt. "Try if you will to think of another rather then a continuous obsession with your own desires." I felt my eyes narrow as I forced myself to release her taking a rather tenuous step back. I fixed her with a flat stare chilled with a hint of warning should her thoughts again stray.

Slowly I began to roll up my sleeves in preparation to the many possibilities waiting just around the corner. "I, as well as my Sire, would be greatly appreciative if the three of you would find your way back to the Main Hall." A cursory glance would be given to both Ceci and Theadra before turning my attention to Trinity. I still did not know who she was or anything about her for that matter but something made me feel that I could trust her. "It would be safer for all involved and I should be where I am most needed." I hoped that she would understand my meaning rather then the need for a long drawn out dissertation on babysitting.

Sidestepping I made my way back to the landing where I could easily see the progression of the confrontation. By the looks of it things were heating up just as others were arriving on the scene. Again I looked down to where the three stood. I could not return until I was assured they were on their way back down the stairwell. Again I felt that frustrating wave of impatience begin to rise as I looked between the two situations. Taking a deep breath I would wait in silence to view the outcome praying it would not take the greater part of an eternity.
    Admin
    Admin

Palms stained with the mingled crimson of both her daughter and husband come together in customary respectful greeting. Dark tresses dip low as she bows deeply before the Dark Lord. It had been so long since she’d seen him, she could hardly remember what he looked like. Through the years her memory would fade and lord Roan would become less and less god-like and more of a vague entity but now that he had re-appeared the power of his presence was overwhelming and even though the feeling of peace washed over her, after he left-the excruciating sting of reality tightened around her heart. The gravity of the situation set in…her boys’ mortality hung on by a thread and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. At that moment, she knew she had to be alone. A sense of urgency grew within her, threatening to overtake her whole being-which of course she fleetingly fought to suppress.

Abruptly she’d rise onto the balls of her feet bringing her bloodied fingers on either side of his face. If he’d let her, she’d bring her forehead to his and hurriedly whisper “I need to be alone. This is me, not you. I love you.” She’d plant a quick kiss upon his lips and disappear into the bath chamber closing the door behind her engaging the lock. Catching a glimpse of her scarlet reflection, she’d begin to strip at an alarming rate with a great sense of emergency. A splash would fall on deaf ears as she plunged herself into the freezing water of the bath that had been drawn and neglected hours ago. Re-emerging she’d grab at whatever cleansing oils she could reach-scrubbing, cleansing, purifying-washing away any evidence of reality that marked her.

Lush lashes blink away the water from her eye-mystic topaz orbs widen to take in the blood diffusing in water. A towel soaked up the pink fluid and served to warm her shivering skin. Moving to take clean, ornate clothing from the wardrobe she’d silently clothe herself, nimble fingers wrapping her sari around her slender frame. The next few moments would flash forward until she stood before her full length looking glass in full traditional dress-a comforting cornerstone of what she knew.

Looking through the window gave her a full view of the natural beauty of the gardens . Something inside her yearned to be surrounded by a world larger than herself. This, she was sure would help spur an idea of how to fix things…there had to be a way and she had to find it.

(continued in Caste Grounds)
    Admin
    Admin

Rage filled her, consuming the young woman so completely that when Christian placed her upon two steady feet she was shaking, hands gripped into fists that remained fastened to her sides and eyes that blazed in fury. She was about to retort, say something spiteful that she would regret later, but before full lips could part in order to voice such opinions remarkably strong hands that moved so quickly grasped her arms that the cold stone walls almost brought out a surprised gasp from pressed lips. Theadra’s stoic face remained hardened, those eyes that moved like fire itself penetrating into his own hues, burning their way to his core when those words hissed from his lips.

It felt like the world had stopped for just a moment, her heart ceasing to beat which caused a strained choke of words to spill in a feeble attempt to reply. Fists relaxed and those eyes that burned with such intensity darkened so dramatically that the fire in them was almost snuffed out. A gentle crease formed between her brows in desperate effort to remain indifferent, to keep Rivanna’s recalcitrant stubbornness and Dante’s vehement pride at close call. Christian for the moment had been her undoing, even admist such inner strength those eyes could be read like a book and Theadra prayed the man could not see that he had hurt her. Before he let go she raised her head defiantly and forced herself to look back into his eyes “Do not for a second, Christian assume you know me. You do not." She said between gritted teeth, her voice low and laced with an unearthly growl that challenged disobedience.

Christian may have been in the shadows while she had grown by both parents’ side, but he certainly did not see, or feel what she had felt the night Dante left. The screams of rage from her mother’s chambers and the cries of anguish that spilled, guttural from bared teeth when realizing her mate was not coming home were horrifying to hear. The betrayal that Theadra felt was strong but even when Riva’s venomous words involving her father caressed her ears, the girl did not believe – refused to believe. Her faith that Dante would return was so strong that she denied all efforts to try and sway her away from a futile quest and the possible truth that he no longer held love for either her or her mother. Such thoughts were unspeakable.
    It was for this reason and this reason alone that the young woman hesitated commitment and denied to take interest in anything that did not concern her directly. For protection. For security. Never did she want to see that expression upon her mother’s commanding face again and feared for the day she might see it on herself.

Arms moved, slipping out of Christian’s grasp and Thea shifted away from the wall without another word, her eyes falling to the floor before making her way to the corner in order to spy the heated exchange downstairs. Her father was there now, and now others joined the fray. She watched for a moment in silence until Trinity’s soft voice caused her to turn back. “I’m sorry, I don’t believe we’ve met before. How did you know my na-…” Thea’s thoughts were cut off at feeling a hand grasp her forearm. It was Ceci. She smiled down at her friend and hesitantly complied, turning so the falling tobacco and paper from Roblen’s hand dropped behind her. “Of course, Ceci. I know the way.” She lowered her head and attempted a smile as she followed close behind. At the top of the stairs however Theadra turned slightly to spy Christian out the corner of an eye. The exchange, although brief did not go unnoticed and in not but a moment later she turned back to walk in the direction of the main lounge.
    Admin
    Admin

~The Dark Lords arms remained tightly wrapped around Fayte as he acknowledged the alerts coming from various parts of the castle and beyond...much had happened within the turning of the sun...much too much triggered by the deity's ultimate return. Carefully he rechecked the confinement of the newly changed lycan...giving a final boost to the magics holding him within the cage before returning the image of himself back to the original. What needed to be done would require his entire focus...leaving no room for a secondary self to be vulnerablly placed elsewhere.

Gently he began to whisper words of comfort...his hands soothing her hair before gathering his will. Carefully his mind began to stretch toward each member of the Empire...from the simplest servent to the Empress herself...from the demon's fighting in the hall...to the lycan in his cell...even to the other deity's wandering the grounds...all were touched in turn. With his mastery in psionics coupled with the godhood...Roan's will would assert itself in each individual...it would over ride any and all emotions felt at the time causing them to feel a heavy exhaustion that would require them to fall into a deep sleep.~

My beloved children...you have endured much this day...sleep. Sleep that you may regain your strength...that you may find your way in the darkness...that you may know that just as the day dawns anew so too does the understanding to all problems...

~Tenderly he would whisper to each as they began to find their slumber...altering his will that each could not resist but that they would not be overwhelmed. It was not until he was assured that all had fallen into peaceful slumber that the greater deity would begin to retract his mind from the individual...returning his full attentions back to Fayte.~

((OOC: Just a note that I have done this post to help end this day. It came to my attention that so much had happened within the day...lol...so I thought Roan could give a bit of a hand. Thus marks the end of this day...and with the waking of your character the new day begins...))
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:16 pm

It hadn't surprised him one bit that his old friend had seen everything beginning to end, in fact Nikolai counted on it. "You have no idea," he placed a very strong emphasis on the last word as he reached up to grip Cedric's shoulder, "how glad I am to hear that my friend." A weary Mona Lisa smile bloomed as he took in a deep breath. "I feel like I have been in the dark since," he stopped to think looking off in the distance, "well..since leaving for vacation actually." He gave his shoulder a final squeeze before releasing and collapsing in a chair. "I'll tell you Cedric, there's this part of me that wished we had never left. Maybe.." maybe if I hadn't gone May would still be in one piece instead of so hurt and confused she's numb. As if the thoughts triggered some sort of reminder he turned to look in the direction of his daughters room then sighed.

He knew damn well that not only would those thoughts not do him any good now they would also be readable to her and that would really make things worse. Shaking off the last of his self depreciating comments he turned his attentions back to the Librarian with a half smile. "I think what would help me the most is for you to tell me everything you saw. Just start from the beginning and work your way up to the here and now." He moved to the edge of his seat reaching for a glass decanter that held a dark copper liquid. "In fact, if you saw my return that would be the best place to start." He reached for a goblet to pour the liquid as he made the request. "Brandy," he held the goblet out with the invitation wrapping around the definition of its content. "It's one I salvaged from our old home and by the dust that encased it I would guess it's at least a dozen centuries old."

He would continue to offer the drink until the other would either take it or he would accept it for himself. Should Cedric take the offering he would pour some for himself before easing back into the chair once more. He brought the rim to his nose breathing in the scent then swirled it in the goblet appreciating the rich warmth he could almost taste. "So where were.." his voice trailed off as an exhaustion he had no idea he was feeling crept up his spine. The onslaught was so quick that he barely had enough time to cover his mouth with the back of his hand before a yawn threatened to unhinge his jaw. A look of horror came over him as he looked over at Cedric. "I'm really sorry about that. I don't know what.." another huge yawn cut into his words as his eyes began to droop. "On second thought," he rubbed his eyes setting the drink off to the side, "maybe we should have a little nap." He barely had enough time to lay his head back before his eyes closed. "Feel free to sleep there," he gave a half hearted motion just before the snoring began.
    Admin
    Admin

The song had been chosen, one that Rayne had learned by heart. Confident enough that her hands could find the notes on their own, Rayne furrowed her brows. Remembering what it was like to be in such a place that one would rather forget. Life that she had until one young lady had turned that all around for her. "I...." 'Terra' had no idea what to say, even though it was one of those things that a slight lowering of the head and no words may be all the words that need to be said. Logan seems to be able to pick up on gestures somehow...

Fortunatly, she didn't need to say anything it would seem as the mood retiurned to a lighter one while her hands continued to play the harp. He was in a jesting mood once more. "Oh sure... That REaaaaly inspires confidence in me! Thank you for the complement." However he seemed to be distracted by something... Wondering what it was, Terra would glance to the area that he was in general, figuring he would tell her when he was ready to. Sure enough, he spoke once more, thanking her, telling her that it was time for him to head back.

Concern overcame her, being she didn't want him to have to go back already. Not that there would be much choice in the matter, his physical self was waiting on it's mind to return. It meant that he would have to return to a world of despair. Her smile from what would be moments ago would halfway fade, trying to figure out what he was thinking. Attepting to use her intuition as she couldn't see him...

Time for him to go? The hours had passed long into the night, as it was marked by the unknown howling that was coming from the castle itself. It felt like a sense of dread crept over her hearing those words. Although she knew he would have to head back to where he came from soon, but Rayne would rather... Why was she getting this worked up? For the moment, caring about what happened to someone who was stuck in a situation like his hit close to home, or she thought so at least. She would attempt to reach when the cool kiss found her cheek, an attempt to touch him while he was concentrating. Cautious rather to disturb him again...

"Take care of yourself Logan, I will look foreward to your return. Be safe.” She replied, slowly closing her eyes, to open them once more when she felt him leave. Everything seemed to be back to normal, dispite the howling that was going on. She would sigh, as she remained in deep thought, sleep seemed to find it’s way into her body, causing her to just lay down, forgetting about the instrument on her chest. Obeying the unknown command, Rayne’s blue eyes closed…

Closed to dream… To take her mind out of it’s curiousity to know what the hell was going on! To dream as it will…

When it was time for Rayne to wake up, she would reach over and rub her eyes… She blinked awake a few more times wondering once more. What exactly happened yesterday? Was it all just a dream? She breathed, realizing that she hadn’t tossed or turned at all yesterday and the harp was on her chest. Hmmmm… Either she was playing in her sleep, which was extremely undoubtful or he really was there.

A hand reached up, testing that string that she usually had problems with, to find that it was in key… “He really was here…” she mused as hunger had hit her. Not the kind of hunger for carnal activities, the kind that comes from not eating the previous day… Rayne took time to get dressed, straightening herself out, to move outside of her room to the main halls… Didn’t her siblings arrive yesterday anyways?
    Admin
    Admin

Unblinking crimson orbs stayed trained on a single target, his brother that stood before him. And though he merely stood in place Van's senses were kept alert as his brother was once fond of deception tactics. While keeping his senses as heightened as his current form would allow, he became aware of something else, something he felt yet could not explain, though before he was able to dwell on it he felt the hand upon his shoulder. Now I have you, Van thought to himself as a deranged grin spread upon his face. His right hand gripped the hilt of his sword so tight he could feel the blood drain from his knuckles, as the left tensed gathering strength to the appendage, which caused another strange sensation just as the one he felt so few moments ago. Vanyel rolled with the shove, letting who he thought was his brother aid his turn. Vanyel, having trained in iaijutsu, knew the advantages of using the draw as an attack, which is what he had planned for the offensive limb upon his shoulder.

So as he turned his back now against the wall Van attempted to draw his blade and let it continue to move in a diagonal upward strike in hopes of cleaving something. The attack happened much faster and stronger than he knew possible in is current form. It was this instance in which the rage caused veil was lifted from his eyes and Van saw the individual, the target, Kaden. This certainly won't end well, Van thought but as he went to draw his sword close to his body he heard something. Suddenly his body felt heavy the only thought running through his head was sleep.

He started toward his room, keeping sight of the others. He barely made it within his room and onto his bed before the dark embrace of sleep overtook him. He laid on his back in the comforts of his bed, his grip still not easing from the hilt of his sword. Even though a small part of him raged against this sleep and insisted on his demands, whatever hell he has unleashed for himself would simply have to wait.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:17 pm

The mist cleared. In an exhalation of breath the fog lifted, swirling around the void until it found its place to make a three dimensional structure. A steeple was formed along with various buildings. Clouds were elevated as well as the grass that swayed upon the ground. There was no colour, only grey. A ghostly form stood there, her feet bare and toes curling around the misty grass at her feet. She was by far the most solid object in the void, but her skin lacked colour and her hair shone white. The only thing that possessed vibrancy was those eyes of brilliant oranges and yellows; of the sun, of molten earth, of fire. A shiver snaked down her spine and the form in turn, shivered. Almost on command the clouds parted to let snowflakes dance through the air. Why was she here, standing in the cold? It was as though she was waiting…

The scene changed abruptly. Instead of snow rain pelted down upon the void of misty buildings and silent whispers. The young woman was still there but in a different position. She was on her knees. Her arms were wrapped tightly around her small frame and those eyes so bright were closed as though in prayer. I am here... A voice. Masculine and cultured it sounded, so clear to pierce the wailing winds that were so silently thunderous. The young woman lifted her head and rose to her feet. Her eyes however, were still closed. Please… she begged, arms still clutching, muscles still shivering…

Flashes of colour, of scenes and exchanges passed and imaginary. Laughter between friends, silent stares through crowded ballrooms and shadows. So many shadows. Wine sipped through parted lips, trailing a thread of red down a chin. Cold hands pressed against her arms, pushing her against a wall. Anxiety, surprise, shame.

The man spoke again, although words did not leave his lips. The feeling was comfort, of abandon. Let go…

A smile and another given back in turn. More laughter and a hand grasped in acceptance to dance. Music filled the room and the world spun as she was lead onto the floor. The body was hard and the skin deathly cold. She lifted her hand to his face and with a light laugh warmed it enough to see pink flush his cheeks. He took that hand away from his face and opened the palm to kiss the soft skin there heated to fever pitch. Faces leaned closer, lips brushing and a kiss; chaste, lingering, persisting…

The young woman in the rain had her arms around the one who spoke without speaking. Wet fingers curled around locks of dusty blonde hair. The rain had soaked them both and their garments clung tight to bare skin. His lips were locked on hers in the misty void and with a sigh the young woman opened her eyes…

Christian?

Theadra screamed. Legs thrashed wildly within the four-poster bed. The young woman took a moment to catch her breath. Her eyes were already wide open in shock, in horror. Looking around she noticed the sheets tangled around her limbs and body whose soft linen bore black scorch marks where her hands clutched at pillows and mattress. “What in Maker’s name just happened?!” she shouted, more so at herself than anything else. If what she gathered was correct she and that four-eyed arrogant bulltit shared something a little too intimate for her tastes. The dream although completely surreal felt like reality itself. His lips felt so real…No! Stop it! Her conscious thought commanded her as she lifted her legs to dangle off the bed. Now how the hell was she supposed to talk to him again without flushing at the cheeks as though he knew her terrible secret. It was preposterous, idiotic and completely insane but Theadra felt deeply troubled. She clutched the sheets close to her chest as though they held some sort security at least.

The little firefly had not seen Christian since her controlled outburst that left him on the top of the stairs. She and Ceci went to the main lounge where they shared a drink together. At first the young woman was seething in her little bubble of hate but her new friend slowly coaxed her from her shell. Eventually both of them were in giggles and Thea managed to dribble wine down her chin rather unladylike to the amusement of both of them. After a few drinks Theadra began to feel sleepy and blaming it on the wine rather than Roan she left Ceci and retired to her bed.

Bare feet padded onto the dark marble floor of her chamber. She had barely an undergarment on and as though still self-conscious about her slumber wrapped her sheets tightly around her body, dragging them off the bed to stand aimlessly in the middle of the room. She pondered for a moment at her hair all dishelved and her lips lightly stained red with wine before deciding rather stubbornly that it was time for a shower. A cold one.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:17 pm

One minute I had been looking down to where the three girls stood on the stairs the next I had felt this overwhelming exhaustion wash over me. Something out of the ordinary was certainly at work considering not only do I never feel tired but also I had been feeling anything but just a second ago. I turned my head to see if my sire or the others within the hall were feeling the same affects or if I alone had been targeted. It was hard to distinguish any reaction Dante may have had as he gave no immediate signs but the brother was a different matter. I watched as he seemingly felt a weight press down on him so heavy it required his sword to simply drag the floor in his bid to return to his room. The others, Kaden with those he escorted, had already found their destination so their reactions where unknown as well.

Exhaustion was mounting to a crucial point and I knew that if I didn't make a decision soon I would have no other choice but to sleep where I now stood. As that happened to be at the top of a rather long stair case I thought better of such a decision. Things began to slow as I turned my head sluggishly back to see what the girls were doing. Thea had gone with her friend and the other girl I had yet to properly meet was no where in sight. As I knew my Sire was no longer in danger, not that he ever truly was, rather no longer in need of possible assistance I began making my way back down the stairs. Where I would find slumber was running through my mind as I attempted to navigate the corridors. It would seem the entire castle was experiencing this same exhaustive state.

I paused by the library doors contemplating the possibility of entering. The sign remained where it had been placed leading me to believe that Cedric must have fallen under the spell and been unable to return. I then began to think of the long journey down to my cell and in the end pushed open the twin doors entering the large room. The smell of leather binding and oiled wood overwhelmed the senses. Several tables held rolled parchments or opened scrolls but it was the oversized high backed chair set in the far back that drew me. It was there that I settled in, turning it to face the doors that any who entered would be quickly viewed. Before I could ease back my eyes had already shut and the dreaming would begin.

They began the same. I was home again though not as I was but as I am. I am my Sire gorging myself on the blood of the noble family. Their cries fill my ears as they awaken to the horror. The beast within relishes their fear, feeds from it even as my body takes substance of their life’s flow. I move through the house a spectre of death with pale skin and bloody hues seeking out any who remain. A random heartbeat fluttering in the dark. Satisfied that this structure is nothing but a crypt I step into the snow.

The white is so pristine it's blinding. In the distance my Sire awaits. I can feel his presence though I can not see his face. He moves as the wind through the trees; everywhere while no where all at once. My attention is then drawn to the same hill upon which I stood that fated night. A figure, framed in moonlight awaits me, their pulse a rhythmic throb. There is a flutter of anticipation but fear does not touch them even as I stride across the landscape.

As I draw ever closer the shadows stretch but will not release the form. It matters not as I will take whatever I desire as there is none to stop me. Only when I am upon the form, looming over this creature of the day, does the light of the moon touch upon feminine features. Haloed in the softened light an angelic gaze sears through me holding neither hatred nor dread but rather something foreign something as yet unknown.

"Take of me what you will. Do with me what you must. I will love you none the less."

I shot from the chair sweat drenching my clothing. My breath was lost as I struggled to recover; my mouth gaping wide, my teeth fully extended. A moment later my knees struck the floor and my hands lifted to cover my face. Unwantingly, unbidden, the tears began to flow and I allowed them grateful to be alone.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 pm

"Now, blessings light on him that first invented sleep! It covers a man all over, thoughts and all, like a cloak; it is meat for the hungry, drink for the thirsty, heat for the cold, and cold for the hot. It is the current coin that purchases all the pleasures of the world cheap, and the balance that sets the king and the shepherd, the fool and the wise man, even."
    - Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes (1605)

Groggily a hand lifted to rub weary eyes. Cedric had left Nikolai’s chambers silently, leaving his friend snoozing peacefully upon the lush upholstered chair and was making his way slowly back to the library. Clouded thoughts plagued him and Nicky’s fears had put an unwilling burden upon his shoulders. He sympathized with the man but knew that above all odds that he would prevail. Cedric thought Nikolai had one of the strongest hearts and possessed a will that surpassed most he knew but for now, he needed his rest.

The enchantment Roan had cast over the Empire was a strong one, but since Cedric had been learning the art of psionics for many years under his careful eye, the librarian and sorcerer managed to rouse earlier than many of the occupants in the castle. I need to get back to my books…he urged silently, fearing he had left them for too long. Perhaps that was why he willed himself from slumber so quickly and so efficiently.

As he arrived to stand in front of large imposing doors of the library Cedric noted that the door was slightly ajar. So we have ourselves a visitor…he thought with a smile, wondering who he could greet with a cheery smile and a cup of soothing tea. A hand lifted to wave away the parchment placed upon the doors and as though made of nothing at all, the note faded away into a misty smoke. Quietly the man entered and adjusted his robes so he appeared the well groomed resident curator of this large collection of historical tomes and not a man just awakened from an afternoon nap. Clear green eyes scanned the vast expanse of the room. Nothing, it was deathly silent. But someone is here…I can feel it. Booted feet quietly padded into the vast area he knew like the back of his hand, his head tilted in curiosity. Christian, being one of the children of the night managed to be incredibly silent when awake, but when sleeping he was invisible to all those who did not see him so Cedric, now moving around the room with casual grace was startled to find him snoozing on the most comfortable high back chair in the room. A finger rose to push his spectacles up the bridge of his nose. Best not to wake him…he thought with a mild smile and went to sort out some unrolled scrolls that were placed in an organized chaos upon a large table.

Minutes passed. Hours might have elapsed but Cedric was oblivious to the passing of time, his eyes fixated upon the cursive letters of a rather invigorating piece of work. Christian had been sleeping quietly but Cedric was not worried at working while a friend slept close by, the company although silent, was a welcome one. It was not until a sharp intake of breath and an animalistic guttural sound of anguish brought the man’s eyes sharply up to inspect the slumbering young man upon the chair. Christian’s face would be truly terrifying to those who were not accustomed to it but Cedric was not fazed and instead a worried crease appeared between his brows. “Christian, what is the matter?” Cedric rose to his feet, pushing his long robes behind him to walk slowly towards the boy whose face wore a mask of pain and his teeth bared in feral ferocity. It seemed to him that Christian did not know who his friend was. “Christian….” Cedric said again, his voice low and calming “It’s me, Cedric. Are you alright?” he asked, leaning down to rest a comforting hand upon his shoulder as he began to let all that bottled emotion flow unbidden. After a moment of pause, a silent invitation that allowed the boy to speak his distress if he wished, Cedric would listen in confidence for the conversation between the two would never leave this place. A warm smile would come to his lips and with a tempting tone in his voice he would say softly while rising to reach the drinks cabinet. “Come…let me get you some warmed blood?”
    Admin
    Admin

Poised on the brink of extreme violence with these annoying upstarts Van and Dante, Kaden did not feel the exact moment his master's spell of slumber engulfed his mind. It was as if he was just suddenly disembodied. Floating over his own form and watching his actions from quite a distance away. I knew I was tired but this is ridiculous. Shaking his head Kaden took a moment in order to try to gain ground and center himself once again. Gauntleted fists moved against his features in attempt to rub the exhaustion away. Before he allowed himself any kind of R&R he had a duty to see to the welfare of the Ladies first. Once they were safe and secure then and only then would he allow himself the reprieve of sleep. Damn me...

Not noticing nor really caring how his earlier question had gone unanswered by the two men he turned away from them. A hardened gaze raked the hall for the two women, at first he did not notice them thinking the small one might have finally made her way to Lien Tao's waiting room. But upon a closer quick inspection he caught a glimpse of Avinwyn's silvery locks at the edge of his peripheral vision. "What the hell..." The depth of his voice ground out echoing within the confines of the hall. Kaden glanced over, cobalt hues traveling downward over the wall towards the floor. "You have got to be kidding me..." He almost raged at Avinwyn's slumped form. "...I cleared the way for you, was it to hard to ask that you..." He cut his hard words off with a low growl. Insensitive bastard... He thought to himself of himself but drew the thought aside as he reached down towards the two ladies.

With no more thought other then to finally get these two into Tao's rooms Kaden lifted the advisor up and away from the others arms and simply slung her over his shoulder like a sack of grain. Protocol be damned...lets get this done. His other arm reached out wrapping around Avinwyns waist and hoisting her up against his side. "Lazy woman..." his said low beneath his breath as he turned and made his way towards the chamber doors. Upon quick inspection he noticed the disappearance of Van and Dante and thought the better of it. They would be smart and lucky in order to not catch his notice again for the remainder of their stay within the castle.

Being that his arms were full of female it took no more then a hard kick to relieve the chamber's doorway of its door. Using the last of his depleted store of energy, Kaden moved quickly towards the large bed setting at the back of the room close to the balcony. First he settled Lien Tao upon the mattress not even bothering to pull down the covers, he was not a damned nursemaid after all, next was Avinwyn. Ridding himself of their weight his knees almost buckled sending him crashing to the floor. Another layer of exhaustion clouded over his mind. There was definitely no time to crawl to his own set of rooms within the guard's quarter.

Kaden unfastened the many buckles of his sword belt and set his precious weapon to the side. Then without a care he fell into bed between the two women. Almost immediately his body and mind lost themselves into the oncoming slumber. Where in the hells are my Shadow Knyghts...? Was his last thought before he succumbed completely and knew nothing else.
    Admin
    Admin

Saffie began to stir…translucent tears soaking into her pillows. Deep incoherent moans push past gritted teeth as tense limbs writhe restlessly. Finally, pacific fire hues flash open, jarred to consciousness by the memory of recent events; the deep gasp echoing from stone to stone inside her private chamber. It took a few moments to recognize her surroundings, to realize she wasn't in the forest with her brothers and Maybelle. Was it all just a nightmare?! Tears flow from down pale cheeks from such cruel and hellish dreams. Saffie worked to catch her breath, half laughing from relief, half upset by her nightmares. Slender hands cover her eyes, collecting herself. Soft soprano tones scold herself "silly girl." After fingertips wipe the sweat from her forehead, she'd uncover herself and make her way to the basin to bring the cool water to her face. With a sweet exhale she'd turn to catch her reflection in her wardrobe looking glass.

All color drained from her face at the sight of her bloodied and disheveled garment. Reality hit her, and hard! Her shaking hand found its way to her side. Her torn garment was saturated in blood but no wound-had to be raven. He was the only one she knew that could've healed a wound that size. No matter, she had to get some answers. Her psyche left gaping holes in her memory of what had happened, a dark poem with every other line scribbled out.

Quickly discarding her clothing, she'd grab a cloth from beside her basin and hurriedly drag it across her skin. It would pick up most of the blood but a trace of the scent would still remain-not to her senses of course , but certainly if they were heightened enough.

Saffie quickly pulled on clean clothes , ran her fingers through her loose, wavy hair, and slid her feet into some slippers before she slipped out of her chamber and moved into her parents' chambers. "Mother?? Father??" Looking around she found that she was alone and panic started to strike. She ran from room to room until she discovered she was all alone inside her families private wing. "Damn it!" The one thing she hated more than anything was to be completely alone; this was excruciating to her.

She flung the door open and stepped into the hallway. Silence…moving through the empty hallways, her pace quickened…any other time this place would be a mad house positively buzzing with people! Why now was it quiet as the grave? "Hello!? Hello?!!? DAMN IT!!" Panic began to grip her but instead of giving herself over to it-she'd use it as fuel-making her wa

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content